Tablets-au.com Available ED Drugstore is an 1st. pharmacy providing a individual service to the society in Australia. Over 80,000 extremely satisfied buyers! We're your medication drug store levitra australia and have provided trusted service to families in Australia for over 15 years.
Microsoft word - full refs 12-10-07.doc
1. Del Mar C, Doust J, Glasziou P Clinical thinking: evidence, communication, and
decision-making. BMJ Books – Blackwell Publishing 2006. IBSN 0-7279-1741-2. 184 pages
2. Murray S, Del Mar C, (Medical Editors). Royal Australian College of General
Practitioners: Complete Home Medical Guide. Revised, Ed 2. Camberwell, Australia: Dorling Kindersley, 2006
3. Del Mar C, Murray S, (Medical Editors). Royal Australian College of General
Practitioners Family doctor home adviser
. Revised ed. Camberwell, Australia: Dorling Kindersley Pty Ltd; 2003.
4. Glasziou, P, Del Mar, C, Salisbury, J. Evidence-based medicine workbook. Finding and
applying the best research evidence to improve patient care. London: BMJ Books; 2003. (Expanded 2nd edition planned for 2007)
1. Del Mar CB, Cripps A. Chapter 14: Otitis Media. In Respiratory Infections – Eds Torres
A, Ewig S, Mandell L, Woodhead M. 2006: 199-208
2. Mitchell G, Del Mar C. 22. Skin problems. In: Khot A, Polmear A, editors. Practical
general practice. 5 ed. London: Butterworth-Heinemann, 2006:in press.
3. Bellamy R, Beigel J, Chotpitayasunondh T, Del Mar C, Farrar J, Hayden FG, et al. WHO rapid
advice guidelines on pharmacological management of humans infected with avian influenza A (H5N1) virus. In: Ryan MJ, Fukuda K, Crosier A, Roth C, Shindo N, Thomson G, et al., editors. Geneva: WHO, 2006:68
4. Askew D, Del Mar C, McAvoy BR, Lyle D. Chapter 5. General practice research. In:
Pegram R, Daniel J, Harris MF, Humphreys J, Kalucy L, MacIsaac P, et al., editors. General practice in Australia: 2004. Canberra: Commonwealth Government Publisher, Department of Health and Ageing, Primary Care Division., 2005:214-267.
5. Del Mar, C, Yelland, M. 3.2 Ear pain in adults. In: Jones R, Britten N, Culpepper L, Gass
DA, Grol R, Mant D, et al., editors. Oxford Textbook of Primary Medical Care
. Oxford: OUP; 2004. p. 713-6.
6. Del Mar C. Evidence for making clinical decisions. In: O'Connor, V, Kovacs, G, editors.
Obstetrics, gynaecology and women's health. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press; 2003. p. 40-7.
7. Del Mar CB, Mitchell G. Chapter 20. Skin problems. In Khot A., Polmear, A. (eds)
Practical General Practice. Guidelines for effective clinical management
2003. 403 Fourth edition: ISBN 075 064 9119
8. Del Mar C Glasziou P. Upper respiratory tract infection. Clin Evid
9. Pirozzo S, Del Mar C. Chapter 27. Otitis media. In: Moyer VA, eds. Evidence based
pediatrics and child health. London: BMJ Books. 2000:238-47.
10. Glasziou P, Del Mar C. Common upper respiratory tract infections. In: Godlee F, eds.
Clinical evidence. A compendium of the best available evidence for effective health care. London: BMJ
11. Del Mar C, Jewell D. Accessing the information. [In: Evidence based practice in
primary care. Eds Silagy C, Haines A]. BMJ Publishing Group 1998 ISBN 0 7279 1210 0 (208 pages; $60.50)
12. Scientific Review Group. Guidelines for preventive interventions in primary health
care. Cardiovascular disease and cancer
. Report of the Assessment of Preventive Activities in the Health Care System Initiative, December 1996. ISBN 0 642 27222 0. NHMRC. Australian Government Publishing Service, Canberra 1997
13. Del Mar C, Henderson M. Communicating bad news to patients and relatives. In
Medical consultation skills
. [Sanders M, Mitchell C, Byrne G eds]. 1997 Chapter 6: 103-117. Addison Wesley Longman Australia Melbourne. ISBN 0 201 53954 3.
14. Rae C, Bennett S, Caterson I, Crowley S, Del Mar C, Egger G, Hodge A, Owen N,
Paxton S. Acting on Australia’s weight: a strategic plan for the prevention of overweight and obesity
. NHMRC Working Party on the Prevention of Overweight and Obesity. Australian Government Publishing Service. Canberra. 1997. ISBN 0644 475 935.
15. Del Mar C. Check (Continuous Home Evaluation of Clinical Knowledge)
Wolff A, Seaton D, Lewis R, eds]. Antibiotics. RACGP Melbourne 1997 16 pages. Altshul Press . ISSN 0812-9630
16. Ward J, Del Mar C, Colmer P, O’Connell D. Chapter 6. Quality and Outcomes in
. 169-199. In General practice in Australia: 1996
. Commonwealth Department of Health and Family Services. Australian Government Publishing Service. Canberra. 1996
17. Lowe JB, Del Mar CB. Chapter 15. Preventing cancer
. In Health and Society
second edition [Lupton GM, Najman JM eds] 1995: 325-47. Queensland University Press, Brisbane.
Refereed scientific papers
Nikles CJ, Mitchell GK, Del Mar CB, McNairn N, Clavarino A. Long-term changes in management following n-of-1 trials of stimulants in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 2007. (electronic: ahead of publication)
Youl PH, Baade PD, Janda M, Del Mar CB, Whiteman DC, Aitken JF. Diagnosing skin cancer in primary care: how do mainstream general practitioners compare with primary care skin cancer clinic doctors? Med J Aust 2007;187:215-20
Spurling G, Del Mar C, Dooley L, Foxlee R. Delayed antibiotics for respiratory infections.
Cochrane database of systematic reviews (Online) 2007:CD004417
Dagenais S, Yelland M, Del Mar C, Schoene M. Prolotherapy injections for chronic low-back pain. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2007:CD004059
Spurling G, Fonseka K, Doust J, Del Mar C. Antibiotics for bronchiolitis in children. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2007:CD005189
Yelland MJ, Nikles CJ, McNairn N, Del Mar CB, Schluter PJ, Brown RM. Celecoxib compared with sustained-release paracetamol for osteoarthritis: a series of n-of-1 trials. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2007;46:135-40
Foxlee R, Johansson A, Wejfalk J, Dawkins J, Dooley L, Del Mar C. Topical analgesia for acute otitis media. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2006;3:CD005657
Shaw K, Gennat H, O’Rourke P, Del Mar C. Exercise for overweight or obesity. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews
2006, Issue 4. Art. No: CD003817. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD003817.pub3
Del Mar C. Improving prescribing practices in primary care. PLoS Med
Jones M, Del Mar C. Safety of neuraminidase inhibitors for influenza. Expert Opin Drug Saf
Del Mar CB, Dwyer N. A radical new treatment for the sick health workforce. Med J Aust
Green R, Del Mar C. Research papers submitted to Australian Family Physician—types and timelines. Aust Fam Physician
Nikles J, Mitchell G, Del Mar C, Clavarino A, McNairn N. An n-of-1 trial service in clinical practice: testing the effectiveness of stimulants for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Pediatrics
Holt J, Del Mar C. Reducing occupational psychological distress: a randomized controlled trial of a mailed intervention. Health Educ Res
Tong S, Hughes K, Oldenburg BB, Del Mar C. Colorectal cancer screening with faecal occult blood testing: community intention, knowledge, beliefs and behaviour. Asia Pac J Public Health 2006;18:16-23.
Nikles CJ, Clavarino AM, Del Mar CB. Using n-of-1 trials as a clinical tool to improve prescribing. Br J Gen Pract
Mitchell G, Cherry M, Kennedy R, Weeden K, Burridge L, Clavarino A, et al. General practitioner, specialist providers case conferences in palliative care--lessons learned from 56 case conferences. Aust Fam Physician
Kay E, Ng K, Salmon A, Del Mar C. Influenza vaccine for preventing acute otitis media in infants and children. (Protocol). The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews
, CD005438 2005.
Kay M, Del Mar CB, Mitchell G. Does legislation reduce harm to doctors who prescribe for themselves? Aust Fam Physician
Nikles CJ, Yelland M, Glasziou PP, Del Mar C. Do individualized medication
effectiveness tests (n-of-1 trials) change clinical decisions about which drugs to use for osteoarthritis and chronic pain? Am J Ther
Baade PD, Del Mar CB, Lowe JB, Stanton WR, Balanda KP. Clinical diagnosis and management of suspicious pigmented skin lesions--a survey of GPs. Aust Fam Physician
Hughes K, Leggett B, Del Mar C, Croese J, Fairley S, Masson J, et al. Guaiac versus immunochemical tests: Faecal occult blood test screening for colorectal cancer in a rural community. ANZ J Pub Health
Holt J, Del Mar C. Psychological distress among GPs. Who is at risk and how best to reach them? Aust Fam Physician
Mitchell G, Cherry M, Kennedy R, Weeden K, Burridge L, Clavarino A, et al. General practitioner, specialist providers case conferences in palliative care--lessons learned from 56 case conferences. Aust Fam Physician
Baade PD, Balanda KP, Stanton WR, Lowe JB, Del Mar CB. Community perceptions of suspicious pigmented skin lesions: are they accurate when compared to general practitioners? Cancer Detect Prev 2005;29:267-75.
Kay MP, Mitchell GK, Del Mar CB. Doctors do not adequately look after their own physical health. Med J Aust
Mant D, Del Mar C, Glasziou P, Knottnerus A, Wallace P, van Weel C. The state of primary-care research. Lancet
Yelland MJ, Del Mar C, Pirozzo S, Schoene ML. Prolotherapy injections for chronic low back pain: a systematic review. Spine
Tong S, Hughes K, Oldenburg B, Del Mar C. Would general practitioners support a population-based colorectal cancer screening programme of faecal-occult blood testing? Intern Med J
Nash CE, Mickan SM, Del Mar CB, Glasziou PP. Resting injured limbs delays recovery: A systematic review. J Fam Pract
English DR, Del Mar C, Burton RC. Factors influencing the number needed to excise: excision rates of pigmented lesions by general practitioners. Med J Aust
Clavarino AM, Janda M, Hughes KL, Del Mar C, Tong S, Stanton WR, et al. The view from two sides: a qualitative study of community and medical perspectives on screening for colorectal cancer using FOBT. Prev Med
Baade PD, Balanda KP, Stanton WR, Lowe JB, Del Mar CB. Community perceptions of specific skin features of possible melanoma. Health Educ J
Del Mar C, Askew D. Building Family/General Practice Research Capacity. Ann Fam Med
Yelland MJ, Del Mar C, Pirozzo S, Schoene ML, Vercoe P. Prolotherapy injections for chronic low-back pain (Cochrane Review). In: The Cochrane Library , Issue 2, 2004. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Stanton, WR, Lowe, JB, Moffatt, J, Del Mar, CB. Randomised control trial of a smoking cessation intervention directed at men whose partners are pregnant. Prev Med
Ziviani J, Lennox N, Allison H, Lyons M, Del Mar C. Meeting in the middle: Improving communication in primary health care consultations with people with an intellectual disability. Journal of Intellectual and Developmental Disability
Guppy MP, Mickan SM, Del Mar CB. "Drink plenty of fluids": a systematic review of evidence for this recommendation in acute respiratory infections. BMJ
Balanda KP, Lowe JB, Stanton WR, Clavarino A, Del Mar CB, Gillespie AM. Strategies to improve the frequency and coverage of skin self examination conducted in small communities. Health Education
English, DR, Del Mar, C, Burton, RC. Factors influencing the number needed to excise: excision rates of pigmented lesions by general practitioners. Med J Aust
Gunn H, Del Mar C. Systemic or topical treatment for impetigo? Aust Fam Physician
Janda, M, Stanton, WR, Hughes, K, Del Mar, C, Clavarino, A, Aitken, JF, et al. Knowledge, attitude and intentions related to colorectal cancer screening using faecal occult blood tests in a rural Australian population. Asia Pac J Public Health
Spurling G, Del Mar C. Treatment of an earlobe keloid. Finding the evidence. Aust Fam Physician
Boyle, FM, Posner TN, Del Mar, CB, McLean, J, Bush, RA. Self help Organisations: A Qualitative Study of Successful Collaboration with General Practice. Australian Journal of Primary Health
English DR, Burton RC, Del Mar CB, Donovan RJ, Ireland PD, Emery G. Evaluation of aid to diagnosis of pigmented skin lesions in general practice: controlled trial randomised by practice. BMJ
Bennett JW, Glasziou P, Del Mar C, De Looze F. A computerised prescribing decision support system to improve patient adherence with prescribing. A randomised controlled trial. Aust Fam Physician
Del Mar C. Does the evidence change your practice? Finding and using the best research evidence. Aust Fam Physician
Del Mar CB, Freeman GK van Weel C. “Only a GP?”: is the solution to the general practice crisis intellectual? Med J Aust
Western M, Dwan K, Western J, Makkai T, Del Mar C. Computerisation in Australian general practice. Aust Fam Physician
Del Mar CB, Glasziou PP, Spinks AB, Sanders SL, Hilton DJ. Safety of hormone replacement therapy after mastectomy. Med J Aust
Del Mar CB, Glasziou PP, Spinks AB, Sanders SL. Natural remedies for osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. Med J Aust
Shaw K, Turner J, Del Mar C. Are tryptophan and 5-hydroxytryptophan effective treatments for depression? A meta-analysis. Aust N Z J Psychiatry
Shaw K, Turner J, Del Mar C. Tryptophan and 5-hydroxytryptophan for depression. Cochrane Database Syst Rev
Del Mar CB Glasziou P. Upper respiratory tract infection. Am Fam Physician
Del Mar C, Glasziou P. A child with earache. Are antibiotics the best treatment? Aust Fam Physician
Mitchell G, Del Mar C, Francis D. Does primary medical practitioner involvement with a specialist team improve patient outcomes? A systematic review. Br J Gen Pract
Lowe JB, Balanda PK, Stanton WR, Del Mar C. O'Connor V. Dissemination of an efficacious antenatal smoking cessation program in public hospitals in Australia: a randomized controlled trial. Health Educ Behav
Janda M, Hughes K, Tong S, Stanton WR, Aitken J, Clavarino A, Short L, Del Mar C, Leggett B. Newman B. Faecal occult blood test: current practice in a rural Queensland community. Aust J Rural Health
Askew DA, Clavarino AM, Glasziou PP. Del Mar CB. General practice research: attitudes and involvement of Queensland general practitioners. Med J Aust
Mitchell GK, De Jong IC, Del Mar CB, Clavarino AM. Kennedy R. General practitioner attitudes to case conferences: how can we increase participation and effectiveness? Med J Aust
Parker MH, Del Mar CB. Glasziou PP. Ethics and evidence-based medicine. Med J Aust
Mitchell G, Del Mar C, Eastwood H, O'Keefe L. Toalster R. Generating CME priorities from GP case records: a feasibility study. 2002, Ipswich Australia: Ipswich and West Moreton Division of General Practice. ISBN 0-9580444-0-6.
Del Mar C. (Book review) Gabbay M, Ed (The Evidence Based Primary Care Handbook London: Royal society of Medicine Press 1999). Evidence Based Medicine
Parker M, Del Mar CB, Glasziou PP. Ethics and evidence-based medicine. Med J Aust
Del Mar CB. Glasziou PP, Ways of using evidence-based medicine in general practice. Med J Aust 2001;174:347-350.
Del Mar CB, Glasziou PP, Spinks AB. Sanders SL, Is isopropyl alcohol swabbing before injection really necessary? Med J Aust 2001;174:306.
Del Mar CB, Glasziou PP, Spinks AB, Sanders SL. Hilton DJ, Treatment alternatives for nocturnal leg cramps. Med J Aust 2001;174:540.
Del Mar CB, Silagy CA, Glasziou PP, Weller D, Spinks AB, Bernath V, Anderson JN, Hilton DJ. Sanders SL, Feasibility of an evidence-based literature search service for general practitioners. Med J Aust 2001;175:134-137.
Del Mar CB. Glasziou PP, Is coenzyme Q10 helpful for patients with idiopathic cardiomyopathy? Letter. Med J Aust 2001;175:447-448
Pirozzo S. Del Mar C, Should watchful waiting be used more often for acute otitis media? Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med
Askew DA, Glasziou PP. Del Mar CB, Research output of Australian general practice: a comparison with medicine, surgery and public health. Med J Aust
Pirozzo S. Del Mar C, Evidence-based reviews: acute otitis media. West J Med
Del Mar C. Glasziou P, Studying systematic reviews. J Fam Pract
Del Mar CB, Glasziou PP, Spinks AB. Sanders SL, Is laser treatment effective and safe for musculoskeletal pain? Med J Aust
Del Mar CB, Glasziou PP, Spinks AB, Sanders SL. Does carrot juice affect cancer of the prostate? Med J Aust
Roberts MS, Stokes JA, King MA, Lynne TA, Purdie DM, Glasziou PP, Wilson DAJ, McCarthy ST, Brooks GE, de Looze FJ, Del Mar CB. Outcomes of a randomised controlled trial of a clinical pharmacy intervention in 52 nursing homes. Br J Clin Pharmacol
Patterson E, C Del Mar C, Najman J. Medical receptionists in general practice: who needs a nurse? Int J Nursing Practice
Thomas M, Del Mar C, Glasziou P. How effective are treatments other than antibiotics for acute sore throat? Br J Gen Pract
Glasziou PP, Hayem M, Del Mar CB. Antibiotics for acute otitis media in children (Cochrane Review). In: The Cochrane Library,
Issue 3, 2000. Oxford: Update Software
Del Mar CB, Glasziou PP, Spinks AB. Antibiotics for sore throat (Cochrane Review). In: The Cochrane Library,
Issue 3, 2000. Oxford: Update Software
Murray S, Del Mar C, O’Rourke P. Predictors of an antibiotic prescription by GPs for respiratory tract infections: a pilot. Family Practice
Del Mar C. Evidence based case report. Asymptomatic haematuria. in the doctor. BMJ
Patterson E, Del Mar C, Najman J. A descriptive study of nurses employed by general practitioners in south-east Queensland. Aust J Advanced Nursing
Sladden MJ, Ward JE, Del Mar CB, Lowe JB. Skin cancer screening by Australian family physicians: variation with physician beliefs and geographic locality. Am J Prev Med
Del Mar C. Diagnosing skin cancer in general practice. Aust Fam Physician
Patterson E, Del Mar C, Najman J. Nursing's contribution to general practice: general practitioners' and practice nurses' views. Collegian
Allen C, Glasziou P, Del Mar C. Bedrest as therapy. Lancet
Fox-Young S, Sheehan M, O'Connor V, Cragg C, Del Mar C. Women's knowledge about the physical and emotional changes associated with menopause. Women & Health
Lowe JB, Balanda KP, Del Mar C, Hegarty K, Sheldrake M, Clare G. An innovative method of increasing early detection for skin cancer in Australia. Am J Health Behavior
Reidpath DD, Glasziou PP, Del Mar C. Systematic review of autoinflation for treatment of glue ear in children. BMJ
Lowe JB, Balanda KP, Del Mar C, Hawes E. Psychologic distress in women with abnormal findings in mass mammography screening. Cancer
Gillespie AM, Lowe JB, O'Connor-Fleming M-L, Stanton WR, Balanda KP, Del Mar CB, Wilson A. The development of a school-based teaching resource package for adolescent skin cancer prevention. Health Promotion J Aust
Del Mar CB, Lowe JB, Adkins P, Arnold E, Baade P. Improving general practitioner clinical records with a quality assurance minimal intervention. BrJ Gen Pract
Del Mar CB, Balanda KP. Examination of skin naevi in Australian general practice: dissonance between care and need? Aust NZ J Pub Health
1998; 22: 397-399.
Del Mar CB, Green AC, Battistutta D. Patterns of referral from primary care and excision of melanocytic lesions Melanoma Research
1997; 7: 496-9.
Glasziou P, Rowan S, Del Mar C. Managing the overweight and obese. A low fat approach. Australian Family Physician
1997; 26 1259-63.
Del Mar C, Glasziou P, Hayem, M. Are antibiotics indicated for the initial treatment of acute otitis media in children? A meta-analysis. BMJ
1997; 314: 1526-9. [Abstracted in
1998;12:14 with commentary]
Del Mar CB, Glasziou PP. Do antibiotics shorten the illness of sore throat? In: Douglas R, Berman S, Black RE, Bridges-Webb C, Campbell H, Glezen P, Goodman S, Lozano J, Margolis P, Shimouchi A, Steinhoff M, Wang E, Zhu Z (eds.) Acute Respiratory Infections Module of The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews , [updated 02 December 1996]. Available in The Cochrane Library [database on disk and CDROM]. The Cochrane Collaboration; Issue 1. Oxford: Update Software; 1997.
Del Mar CB, Green AC, Battistutta D. Do public media campaigns designed to increase skin cancer awareness result in increased skin excision rates? Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health
1997; 21: 751-3.
100. Glasziou PP, Hayem M, Del Mar CB. Treatments for acute otitis media in children:
antibiotic versus placebo. In: Douglas R, Berman S, Black RE, Bridges-Webb C, Campbell H, Glezen P, Goodman S, Lozano J, Margolis P, Shimouchi A, Steinhoff M, Wang E, Zhu Z (eds.) Acute Respiratory Infections Module of The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews , [updated 02 December 1996]. Available in The Cochrane Library
[database on disk and CDROM]. The Cochrane Collaboration; Issue 1. Oxford: Update Software; 1997.
101. Del Mar CB, Lowe JB. The management of skin tumours in Australia by general
practitioners. 1997 Aust Fam Physician
1997; 26: S24-S27.
102. Del Mar CB, Stanton WR, Gillespie AM, Lowe JB, Balanda KP. What use do people make
of physicians in checking their skin for cancer? Cancer Detection and Prevention
1996; 20: 325-331.
103. Baade, PD, Balanda KP, Lowe JB, Del Mar CB. The effect of a public awareness
campaign on the appropriateness of patient-initiated skin examination in general practice. Aust NZ J Pub Health
1996; 20: 640 -643.
104. Hirst G, Ward J, Del Mar C. Screening for prostate cancer: the case against. Med J Aust
105. Britt H, Meza RA, Del Mar C. Methodology of morbidity and treatment data collection in
general practice in Australia: a comparison between two methods. Fam Pract
1996; 13: 462-467.
106. Del Mar CB, Lowe JB, Adkins P, Arnold E. What is the quality of general practitioner
records in Australia? Aust Fam Physician
1996; 25: S21-5.
107. Hegarty K, Byrne G, Del Mar C. Using a computer to detect depression among the elderly.
Inform Healthcare Aust
1996; 5: 166-8.
108. O’Connor VM, Del Mar CB, Sheehan M, Fox-Young S, Cragg C, Siskind V. The
menopause and hormone replacement therapy: Australian general practitioners' self-reported opinions, attitudes and behaviour. Fam Pract
109. Del Mar CB, Green AC. Aid to diagnosis of melanoma in primary medical care. BMJ
110. Del Mar CB, Pincus D. Incidence of respiratory illness in Queensland from sentinel
practices. Aust Fam Physician
1995; 24: 625-9.
111. Del Mar CB, Wright RG. Notifying women of the result of their cervical smear test directly
by mail: does it result in a decreased loss to follow-up of abnormal smears? Aust J Pub Health.
1995; 19: 211-3.
112. Del Mar C, Lostroh D. Can general practitioners co-operate after hours in a competitive
urban environment? Aust Fam Physician
n 1995; 24: 840-4.
113. O’Connor VM, Del Mar CB, Sheehan M, Siskind V, Cragg C, Fox-Young S. Do psycho-
social factors contribute more to symptom reporting by middle aged women than hormone status? Maturitas
1995; 20: 63-69
114. Fox-Young S, Sheehan M, O'Connor V, Cragg C, Del Mar C. Women's perceptions and
experience of menopause: a focus group study. J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol.
1995; 16: 215-221.
115. Del Mar CB, Lowe JB, Adkins P, Arnold E. The quality of the structure of Australian
general practice medical records. Informatics in Healthcare Australia
1995; 4: 95-99.
116. Del Mar C. Communicating well in general practice. Med J Aust
1994; 160: 367-370. 117. Del Mar C, Green A, Cooney T, Cutbush K, Lawrie S, Adkins G. Melanocytic lesions
excised from the skin: what proportion are malignant? Aust J Pub Health
1994; 18: 221-3.
118. Del Mar CB, O’Connor VM. General practitioners in public obstetrics — an under-utilised
resource. Aust NZ J Obstet Gynaecol
1994; 34: 35-8.
119. Del Mar CB, Maher C. Audit of a general practice. Aust FamPhysician.
1993; 22: 1611-
120. Siskind V, Del Mar C, Schofield F. Infant feeding in Queensland, Australia: long-term
trends. Am J Pub Health
121. Lowe JB, Balanda KP, Gillespie AM, Del Mar CB, Gentle AF. Sun related attitudes and
beliefs amongst Queensland school children: the role of gender and age. Aust J Pub Health
1993; 17: 202-8.
122. Gillespie AM, Lowe JB, Balanda KP, Del Mar CB. Qualitative methods in adolescent skin
protection. Health Promotion Journal of Australia
1993; 3: 10-14.
123. Del Mar C, Isaacs G. Teaching consultation skills by videotaping interviews: a study of
student opinion. Medical Teacher
1992; 14: 53-58
124. Del Mar C. Managing sore throat: a literature review. l Making the diagnosis. Med J Aust
125. Del Mar C. Managing sore throat: a literature review. ll Do antibiotics confer benefit? Med
126. Del Mar C. Spontaneously remitting disease: principles of management. Med J Aust
127. Wright RG, Horstmann MM, Del Mar C. [abstract]. An intervention study to reduce the
loss of follow-up of women with abnormal cervical cytology. Acta Cytologica
1992; 36: 846.
128. Ward J, Dickinson J, Del Mar C. Prevention in general practice: a checklist for general
practitioners. [letter]. Med J Aust
1992; 156: 812-3.
129. Del Mar C, Managing viral upper respiratory tract infections. Aust Fam Physician
130. Del Mar C, Siskind V, Acworth J, Lutz K, Wyatt N. Shared antenatal care in Brisbane.
Aust NZ J Obst Gynaecol
1991; 31: 305-306.
131. Del Mar C, Quality assurance and general practice in Australia. Aust Clin Rev
132. Copeman D, Del Mar C, Swannell R. Helping patients to stop smoking. Aust Fam
133. Del Mar C, What has quality assurance to do with general practice? Aust Fam Physician
134. Del Mar C, Badger P, The place of urine testing in hospital. Med J Aust
1989; 151: 151-
135. Del Mar C, O'Connor V; Consumer obstetrics; Aust Clin Rev
1987; 25: 60-68. 136. Del Mar C, Use of spreadsheets in the manipulation of medical data; Aust Fam Physician
137. Del Mar C, Fitzsimmons D, Price K, Resident practitioners in private hospitals; Aust Fam
Editorials, letters and Comments (refereed)
Del Mar CB Atheists unite! [Book review. Richard Dawkins. The God Delusion]. Med J Aust
Del Mar C. Prescribing antibiotics in primary care. BMJ
Preface to There’s a lot of it about’ Acute respiratory infections in primary care
, Graham Worrall. Radcliffe Abingdon UK 2006 ISBN 1 84619 084 3
Sanders S, Del Mar C. Clever searching for evidence (invited editorial). BMJ
Del Mar C, O'Connor V. Should we stop telling well pregnant women to monitor fetal movements? How to use and interpret guidelines. Br J Gen Pract
van Weel C, Del Mar CB. How should GPs be paid? (invited editorial) Med J Aust
Del Mar C. Organising projects--a medico's guide. Project management in health and community services. [invited Book review]. Med J Aust
Doust J, Del Mar C. Why do doctors use treatments that do not work? (invited editorial) BMJ
Del Mar CB, Mitchell GK. Feedback of evidence into practice. (invited editorial) Med J Aust
10. Doust J, Del Mar C. Diagnosing coughs and colds (invited editorial). Br J Gen Pract
2004. 11. Del Mar, C, Glasziou, P. How many conditions can a GP screen for? (invited editorial) BMJ
12. Del Mar C, Freeman G. Primary-care research is not a lost cause [letter]. Lancet
13. Del Mar CB, Anderson JN. Epitaph for the EBM in action series. Med J Aus
14. Del Mar CB. A clinical prediction model did well in diagnosing pediatric group A beta-
hemolytic streptococcal pharyngitis. ACP J Club
15. Del Mar C. Delayed prescription reduced antibiotic use in the common cold. [Commentary
in Arrol B, Kenealy T, Kerse N in J Fam Pract 2002 Apr;51:324-8]. Evidence-Based Medicine
2002;7:191. and also in ACP J Club
16. Del Mar C, Doust J. What is Cochrane all about? Aust Fam Physician
. 2002;311:1027-9. 17. Del Mar C. Resource review: Muir Gray JA, Rutter H, The resourceful patient. Oxford:
eRosetta Press. Alden Group; 2002. [Book review]. Evidence-Based Medicine
18. Del Mar C. EBM: trials on trial. Should we debrief and counsel people who have had
psychological shock? (invited commentary) Med J Aust
19. Del Mar C. From quackery to evidence-based medicine (invited editorial). Journal of
2002;1:5. (invited editorial)
20. Parker M, Del Mar CB, Glasziou PP. Ethics and evidence-based medicine. [letter] Med J
21. Nissen M. Del Mar C. GPs should reduce antibiotic use with alternative treatments (letter).
22. Western M, Dwan K, Makkai T, Del Mar C, Western J. . Measuring IT Use in Australian
General Practice 2001.
Commissioned report prepared for the Commonwealth Department of Health and Aged Care and the General Practice Computing Group. Canberra: General Practice Computing Group. 2001.
23. Del Mar C, Guiding guidelines into practice (invited editorial). Aust Prescr
24. Del Mar C. Glasziou P, How has evidence based medicine altered the management of acute
respiratory infection? (invited editorial) Australasian Journal of General Practice
25. Del Mar CB, Glasziou PP, Spinks AB. Sanders SL, Is coenzyme Q10 helpful for patients
with idiopathic cardiomyopathy? (letter, authors’ reply) Med J Aust
26. Del Mar CB, Glasziou PP, Spinks AB, Sanders SL. Does carrot juice affect cancer of the
prostate? Med J Aust
2001;175:53-4. [letter, authors’ reply]
27. Goodall S, Del Mar C. Glasziou P, An Australian model for using evidence-based medicine
in general practice. Clinical Researcher
(invited editorial) 2001;1:28-31.
28. Del Mar C. Glasziou P, How has evidence based medicine altered the management of acute
respiratory infection? Australasian Journal of General Practice
(invited editorial) 2001;1:17.
29. Del Mar C, Guiding guidelines into practice (invited editorial). Aust Prescr
2001;24:50-51 30. Del Mar C. Systematic review finds no benefit of bed rest over advice to stay active for acute
low back pain. Hagen KB, Hilder G, Jamtvedt G, Winnem M. Bed rest for acute low back pain and sciatica (Cochrane review). In: The Cochrane Library, Issue 3, 2000. Oxford: Update Software. (Commentary) Evidence-Based Healthcare
31. Del Mar C. Understanding the global burden of acute respiratory infections. (invited review).
32. Brooks P, Del Mar C. Back ache. Therapy update. Australian Doctor
33. Del Mar, C Evidence-based clinical practice: concepts and approaches [Book review]. Med J
34. Del Mar, C. Amoxicillin resolved otitis media symptoms in young children better than did
placebo at day 4 but not at day 11. Damouiseaux RA et al BMJ 2000;320:350-4 (Commentary) Evidence-Based Medicine
2000; September/October:62. Also APC Journal Club
35. Del Mar, C. Daily use of ß carotene supplements did not prevent skin cancer, but daily
sunscreen use reduced the incidence of squamous cell carcinomas. [Green A, Williams G, Neale R et al. Daily sunscreen application and beta-carotene supplementation in prevention of basal cell carcinomas of the skin: a randomised controlled trial Lancet 1999;354:723-9] (Commentary). Evidence-Based Medicine
2000;5:91. Also APC Journal Club
2000;132:101 Also West J Med
36. Del Mar, C Less passion, but plenty of evidence [Book review]. Med J Aust
2000; 37. Del Mar, C. Asymptomatic haematuria. Author’s reply. [letter]. BMJ
2000; 320:1599-1600. 38. Del Mar C. Sore throats and antibiotics. Applying evidence on small effects is hard;
variations are probably inevitable. BMJ
39. Del Mar, C. Antibiotics do not lead to general improvement in upper respiratory tract
infections [Arroll B, Kenealy T. Antibiotics versus placebo in the common cold. Cochrane Review, latest version 8 Apr 1998. I: The Cochrane Library. Oxford: Update Software]. (Commentary) Evidence-Based Medicine
40. Del Mar CB, Glasziou PP. Should we now hold back from initially prescribing antibiotics
for acute otitis media? (invited editorial) J Paediatr Child Health
41. Del Mar, C. Amoxycillin and folate inhibitors are as effective as newer more expensive
antibiotics for acute sinusitis [de Ferranti SD, Ionnnides JP, Lau J, Anninger WV, Barza M. Are amoxycillin and folate inhibitors as effective as other antibiotics for acute sinusitis? A meta-analysis. BMJ
199;317:632-7] (Commentary) Evidence-Based Medicine
42. Del Mar C. Should general practitioners embrace primary prevention rather than early
detection to prevent skin cancer mortality and morbidity? (invited review) Cancer Forum
43. Del Mar C, Glasziou P. Acute otitis media in children. Are antibiotics always appropriate? (invited
clinical update) Aust Fam Physician
1998; 27: 83-86
44. Del Mar, C. Antibiotics do not resolve acute cough. [Fahey T, Stocks N, Thomas T.
Quantitative systematic review of randomised controlled trials comparing antibiotic with placebo for acute cough in adults. BMJ 1998;316:906-10]. (Commentary) Evidence-Based Medicine
45. Del Mar C. Otitis media. Medical Observer. 1998; 6 February CME: 1-2. 46. Del Mar C. Improving skin cancer management in general practice: part 1. Medical
Observer. Continuing Medical Education Program
1977; 7 March: 1-2, 8.
47. Del Mar CB. Book review: Keeping novice researchers out of trouble. (Introduction to project
management in health research: a guide for new researchers. Tim Usherwood). Med J Aust
1997; 166: 655
48. Del Mar C. Improving skin cancer management in general practice: part 2. Medical
. Continuing Medical Education Program
1997; 21 March: 1-2, 8.
49. Del Mar CB. Practice tip: Wounds in difficult areas. A light dressing for wounds that should
be kept dry. Australian Family Physician
50. Green A, Williams G, Del Mar C. The severe problem of skin cancers in late twentieth
century Australia. Prime Minister’s Science and Engineering Council. 15th Meeting. Canberra. 30 May 1997. http://www.dist.gov.au/science/pmsec/15meet/
51. Del Mar CB. Guidelines: do we need 'meta-guidelines' comparing interventions in different areas of
health promotion? (invited editorial) Health Promotion Journal of Australia
52. Del Mar C, Glasziou P, Hayem, M. Antibiotics as initial treatment for children with acute otitis media
(Letter: Authors’ reply). BMJ
1997; 315: 879-80.
53. Del Mar C. Slip, slop, slap and wrap
. Should we do more to prevent skin cancer? [letter]
Med J Aust
1996 164: 576.
54. Del Mar CB. How many melanomas have I missed? Is this the question? [Letter] Med J Aust
55. Del Mar CB, Glasziou-PP. ABC series may be anachronistic in era of evidence based
medicine [letter] BMJ
1996; 313: 880.
56. McKay B, Wells R, Laidler T, Del Mar C. Issues and Options. Supplementary paper:
optimum supply and effective use of psychiatists. A project for the Mental Health Strategy. Bernie McKay and Associates, Canberra. May 1996
57. Del Mar CB, Green AC. Aid to diagnosis of melanoma in primary medical care, author’s
reply [letter]. British Medical Journal
. 1995; 310: 1328.
58. Del Mar CB. Antibiotics for sore throats [letter]. BMJ
1995; 310: 58. 59. Del Mar C. Upper respiratory tract infections. Medical Observer. Continuing Medical
60. Del Mar C. Slip, slop, slap and wrap
. Should we do more to prevent skin cancer? [editorial]
Medical Journal of Australia
1995; 163: 511-2.
61. Blue C, Del Mar C. Vaccinations: what’s the best reminder system? Medical Observer
62. Del Mar C. Childhood otitis media. 1. general practitioner view (invited commentary)
. 1994; 17: 82-4.
63. Del Mar CB. How I…Once bitten twice shy. General Practitioner
1994; March: 13 64. Del Mar C. Fax from the future — 2074 (invited commentary). Med J Aust
1994; 161: 96. 65. Del Mar C. Simply start with symptoms [book review of General Practice
by Murtagh J,
McGraw-Hill, Sydney 1994] Med J Aust
1995; 162: 440.
66. Del Mar CB. How I…spotted consecutive spots. General Practitioner
1993; December: 7
67. Del Mar C. Exhaustive and exhausting. [Essentials of Family Practice. R Rakel. Sydney;
Harcourt Brace Jovanovich 1993 (xviii + 468 pp., $79.95). ISBN 0-7216-4227-6. book review]. Medical Journal of Australia
68. Dwyer J, Crane C, Del Mar C, Dorsch M, Hurley S, Kalador J, Lovie R, Matthews J, Roder
D, Russell I. Mammography screening for women under 50 years of age
. NHMRC. Commonwealth of Australia, Canberra 1993.
69. Del Mar C, Adkins P. Starting out: a column for the new GP. Computers for records?
1992; 27 Nov 92: 43-45.
70. Del Mar C. Starting out: a column for the new GP. Getting the records right. Medical
71. Del Mar C. Friendly advice. [book review]. Medical Journal of Australia
1992 157:818. 72. Del Mar CB, Yelland MJ. Muscular lower back pain management. [letter]. Chiropractic
Journal of Australia
73. Del Mar C. Fulsome advice. [book review]. Med J Aust
1992 157:818-819. 74. Del Mar CB. Spontaneously remitting disease. [letter]. Med J Aust
75. Del Mar C. Recording prescriptions using carbon paper. Aust Fam Physician
1992; 21: 333. 76. Del Mar C, Blue C. Nurse practitioners in general practice [letter]. Med J Aust
77. Lowe JB, Del Mar C. Increasing the numbers of general practitioners who provide smoking
cessation advice. [letter]. Med J Aust
1992; 156: 294-295.
78. Del Mar CB. Window into general practice [Book review]. Med J Aust
1991; 154: 217. 79. Del Mar C, Di-Ambrosis B. Dermatological brain-teaser; Angiolipomas. Aust Fam
80. Del Mar C The pros and cons of exchanging lifestyles; Pulse
6 Feb 1988; 66. 81. Del Mar C, In a lighter vein, Australian Family Physician
1988;17; 2:108. 82. Del Mar C, British exchange - how to do it; Australian Family Physician
1988; 17: 327. 83. Del Mar CB, Miller IS; Are child surveillance clinics worthwhile? [letter]. Lancet
84. Del Mar C. Angioeodema after Combantrin in a six-year-old. [letter]. Med J Aust
85. Dearnley D, Del Mar CB, Popham E, Kershaw E. When limpets move. [letter]. Nature
The Second International Conference “Problems of Cybernetics and Informatics” September 10-12, 2008, Baku, Azerbaijan. Section #5 “Control and Optimization” ALGORITHM FOR DEFINITION OF QUANTITY OF FERTILIZERS FOR ACHIEVEMENT OF NECESSARY RATIO OF NUTRITIOUS ELEMENTS Elkhan Sabziev1, Adalat Pashayev2, Vagif Guliyev3, Atamali Mammadov4 1Cybernetics Institute of ANAS, Baku,
STANDARD Stepped Therapy Agents ~ 2010 The following drugs will require prior authorization if the condition is not met when the pharmacist would attempt to transmit a prescription claim. Your doctor will coordinate this approval for you. If the prescription is approved, Coventry Health Care will cover the cost. You will be responsible for the copayment. If the request is not approved, i