HEALTH PROBLEMS AT HIGH ALTITUDE More often than not, attempts to predict performance at altitude are no better than guessing. However,over the age of 50, only very fit people who exercise regularly and have some experience with highaltitude should try to go to 15,000 feet. Narrowing of the arteries (atherosclerosis), which occurs ineveryone to varying degrees, further limits the delivery of ox
םולב†רפכב†לרוטספ†ןולמ†††±μ≠±∑Æ¥Æ≤∞±∞ Scientific Program
Thursday 15th April, 2010
15:00-15:15 Welcome greetings (Hall A)
SESSION 1 (Hall A)
Chairs: Itzchak Slotki, Eli Golan
1. The Pendrin Gene, PDS, Is Transcriptionally Regulated by the Intestinal Natriuretic Peptide Uroguanylin.
Rozenfeld J, Tal O, Adler L, Efrati E, Stewart A, Carrithers S, Alper S, Zelikovic I.
Div of Ped Nephrol, Rambam Med Ctr, Faculty of Med, Technion, Haifa; Beth Israel Deacon Med Ctr, Harvard Med School,Boston, MA and Sequela Inc, Pewee Valley, KY, USA.
2. Increased Intra Abdominal Pressure Aggravates Renal Function in Decompensated, but not Compensated Experimental Congestive Heart Failure.
Bishara Bishara1, Niroz Abu-Salah2, Rawi Ramadan3, Ilia Goltsman2, Suhair Assady3, Hoda Awad2, Tony Karram4, Joseph Winaver2, 1Department of General Surgery "A", 3Department of Nephrology, 4Department of Vascular Surgery and, 5Research Unit, Rambam- Human Health Care Campus, and 2Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Ruth & Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, IIT, Haifa, Israel.
3. The Beneficial Effects of Pomegranate Juice (PJ) Intake on Oxidative Stress (OS) & Inflammatory State of Batya Kristal1; Lilach Shema-Didi1; Shifra Sela2; Ronit Geron1; Liora Ore3 1Nephrology Department, Western Galilee Hospital Nahariya ; 2 Eliachar Research Lab, Western Galilee Hospital Nahariya; 3School of Public Health, University of Haifa4. Living Donor Kidney Transplantation: are Men and Women Equal? Irit Mor-Yosef Levi, Michal Aharon, Dvora Rubinger, Anca Moscovici-Gal, Rivka Bakenroth, Olga Gotsman, Aharon Bloch, Ronen Levi, Keren Tzukert, Yossef Haviv, Justin Silver and Michal Dranitzki Elhalel.
Nephrology and Hypertension Services, Hadassah – Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem.
5. Endothelin Converting Enzyme (ECE)-1: a Plausible Target Gene for Hypoxia Inducible Factor (HIF).
Khamaisi M1, Axelrod J2, Karry R1, Shina A2, and Heyman SN2 1Dept. of Medicine and Endocrinology Institute, Rambam Hospital and the Technion Medical School, Haifa. 2Dept. of Medicine, Hadassah Hospital, Mt. Scopus and the Hebrew University Medical School.
6. Effect of Eplerenone on Blood Pressure and the Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System in Oligo-Anuric Chronic Linda Shavit-Grenader MD*, Diana Neykin MD#, Meyer Lifschitz MD* and Itzchak Slotki MD*.
Adult Nephrology Unit* and Department of Internal Medicine#, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel 17:00-17:30 Break
SESSION 2 (Hall A)
Chairs: Ze'ev Katzir, Asher Korzets
17:30-18:15 Keynote lecture: Recent Advances in Diagnosis and Management of Amyloidosis: Aiming for a Cure.
Prof. MB Pepys, Centre for Amyloidosis & Acute Phase Proteins, Royal Free Campus, University College, London 18:15-19:00 Keynote Lecture: Calcium Balance in the End Stage Renal Failure Patient.
Prof. Mark DeBroe, Scientific Advisor to the Pathophysiology Research Unit University of Antwerp, Belgium Friday 16th April, 2010
SESSION 3 (Hall A)
Chairs: Justin Silver, Joshua Weissgarten
08:30-09:15 Keynote lecture: Vitamin D and vitamin D Analogs-do they Protect against Cardiovascular Prof. Klaus Olgaard, Department of Nephrology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark 09:15-09:45 Keynote lecture: Renal Autonomous Innervation-Anatomical Curiosity or Powerful Modulator? Prof. Roland Veelken, Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany O9:45-10:15 Break
SESSION 4 (Hall A)
Chairs: Eli Holtzman, Shimon Storch
1. Elevated Serum Cell Free DNA (CFD) in Hemodialysis Patients (HD) is Associated with Increased Mortality.
David Tovbin1, Hagit Goldshtein2, Arkadi Bolotin3, Moshe Zlotnik1, Amir Abd Elkadir4, Jony Sheynin4, Valeria Frishman2 and Amos 1Nephrology, Soroka University Medical Center; 2Nephrology Laboratory, Clincal Biochemistry, Soroka University Medical Center; 3Depts of Epidemiology, Faculty of Health Sciences and 4Biomedical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Ben-Gurion University of the 2.The High Levels of FGF23 in CKD are Due to Secondary Hyperparathyroidism.
Tomer Meir, Vardit Lavi-Moshayoff, Gilad Wasserman, Tally Naveh-Many and Justin Silver.
Nephrology and Hypertension Services, Hadassah – Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem.
3. Compliance with Lanthanum Carbonate Regimen by Chronic Dialysis Patients.
Daniel Agmon1, Meir Zohar1, Geoffrey Boner2. 1Nephrology Service, 2The Bildirici Diabetes Center, Laniado Hospital, Netanya4. Wild-Type but not Mutant Uromodulin Prevents NFkB Activation in MDCT Cells.
Dganit Dinour, Liat Ganon, Rotem Ron, Nomy Levin-Iaina and Eliezer J Holtzman Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel-Hashomer and the Faculty of Medicine, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University.
5. The Effect of Paricalcitol on Endothelial Cells Stimulated with Advanced Glycation End Products.
Zitman-Gal T.1, Green J.1, Benchetrit S. 1,2, Bernheim J.1,2 , Golan E.1,2 1Renal Physiology Laboratory, Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, Meir Medical Center, Kfar Saba; 2 Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv6. The Urine Albumin-To-Creatinine Ratio:Assessment of its Effectiveness in the Renal Transplant Recipient Population.
Arie Erman, Ruth Rahamimov, Tiki Mashraki, Janos Winkler, Iskra David, Yehudit Hirsh, Uzi Gafter, Avry Chagnac Dept of Nephrology and Hypertension, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tikva.
7. Uncontrolled hypertension is associated with higher heart rate. Assessment by ambulatory blood pressure A.Kagan, H. Faibel and J. Rapoport, Meuhedet Sick Fund, Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, Kaplan Medical Center, Rechovot SESSION 5 (Hall B)
Chairs: Moshe Zlotnik, Yoram Yagil
1. Residual Renal Function in Peritoneal Dialysis after Renal Transplant Failure.
Hadassa Madar, Asher Korzets, Yaacov Ori, Michal Herman, Rachel S. Levy-Drummer, Uzi Gafter, Avry Chagnac.
Dept of Nephrology, Rabin Medical Center, Hasharon Hospital, Petah Tikva2. Urinary Organic Anion Transporters: Protein Redistribution as a Possible Indicator of Outcome in Patients with AKI.
Kunin M, Dinour D, Holtzman E, Nephrology Department, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Aviv.
3. The Pro-Inflammatory Endothelial Cell Gene Expression in the Presence of a Diabetic-like Environment.
Zitman-Gal T.1, Green J.1, Pasmanik-Chor M.2, Oron-Karni V.2, Bernheim J.1 Benchetrit S. 1.
1Renal Physiology Laboratory, Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, Meir Medical Center, Kfar Saba; 2The G.S. Wise Faculty of Life Sciences.
4. Rosiglitazone (RGZ) Improves the Natriuretic/Diuretic Response to Atrial Natriuretic Peptide (ANP) in Rats with Experimental Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).
Ilia Goltsman*, Elena Ovcharenko*, Aaron Hoffman**, Zaid Abassi* Joseph Winaver*.
*Physiology & Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Haifa, **Dept. of Vascular Surgery, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel.
5. The Role of MicroRNAs in the Parathryoid Morris Nechama, Iddo Ben-Dov, Hillel Galitzer, Justin Silver and Tal y Naveh-Many Nephrology and Hypertension Services, Hadassah – Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem.
6. Neutrophil Gelatinase-associated Lipocalin (NGAL) in Hemodialysis (HD) Patients is Increased by Repeated Intravenous Iron Administration (IVIR) and May Protect Against IVIR Related Oxidative Stress.
David Tovbin1, Shani Kesari3, Nimrod Ofir3, David Antonio Sola-Del Valle6, Jonathan Barasch6, Michael Miroshnik1, Amir Abd Elkadir4, Amos Douvdevani2, Moshe Zlotnik1, Valeria Frishman2 and Shimon Storch5.
1Nephrology, 2Nephrology Laboratory, Soroka Medical Center; 3Joyce & Irving Goldman Medical School, 4Biomedical Engineering, Ben- Gurion University of the Negev, Beer-Sheva 5Nephrology, Bnai-Zion Medical Center, Haifa, Israel and 6Nephrology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, USA.
SESSION 6 (Hall A)
Chairs: Talia Weinstein, Avri Chagnac
In Memorium to Dr. Dina Zevin – Head of the Hemodialysis Unit, Hasharon Hospital.
12:20-13:10 What is Worse: High Systolic Blood Pressure or Low Diastolic Blood Pressure?
Prof Michael Burzstyn, Hadassah Hospital, Mt Scopus, Jerusalem Prof Uzi Gafter, Hasharon Hospital, Rabin Medical Center, Petach Tikva Dr. Yossi Caracao, Department of Pharmacology, Hadassah – Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem.
SESSION 7 (Hall A) Chair: Michal Dranitzki Elhalel
14:40-15:40 Clinico-Pathological Conference: Acute Kidney Injury in a Renal Transplant Patient.
Presenter: Dr Ronen Levi, Nephrology and Hypertension Services, Hadassah – Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem Discussant: Dr Gabi Mordochovitz, Rabin-Beilinson Medical Center, Petach Tikva Pathologist: Dr Galina Pizov, Hadassah – Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem 15:40-16:00 Business Meeting
Saturday 17th April, 2010
SESSION 8 (Hall A)
08:30-09:30 Challenges for Nephrologists in the New Decade
Transition MTF : Les hormones Transition MTF : Les hormones - Santé - THS = Traitement Hormonal de Substitution - Date de mise en ligne : vendredi 25 avril 2008 Genres Pluriels Transition MTF : Les hormones Hormones (MtF) Les hormones ne sont pas des produits anodins. On ne prend donc pas des hormones pour « avoir des gros seins »,idée qui relève plus du fantasme que d'une