METFORMIN SHRINKS THYROID NODULES IN PATIENTS WITH INSULIN RESISTANCE Editor-in Chief Jerome M. Hershman, MD VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System Rezzonico J, Rezzonico M, Pusiol E, Pistoia F, Niepomniszcze H. Metformin treatment for small benign thyroid nodules in patients with insulin resistance . Metab Syndr Relate Disord 2011;9:69-75. Epub Telephone: 310-268-3852 Fax
sydneyrx2014.com Online ED Drugstore is an 1st. pharmacy providing a personal service to the society in Australia. Over 50,000 extremely satisfied buyers! We're your prescription drug store levitra australia and have provided trusted service to families in Australia for over 15 years.
Microsoft word - #2 the glorious transformation.docTHE GLORIOUS TRANSFORMATION
“But we all, with unveiled face, behold as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory by the Spirit of the Lord.”
OBJECTIVE: The transforming power of Jesus Christ changes and equips ordinary
people who live ordinary lives to influence extraordinary for the glory of God.
OPENING: Ephesians 1:1-14
Most city, county and state legislators open their Congress with a word of prayer. I’ve
been asked to lead in prayer before the Orange City Council. However, the more liberal
they are, the more careful they are who they select to lead that prayer. The liberal Kansas
City legislator was not so careful in their selection of Pastor Joe Wright of Central
Christian Church of Kansas City. He prayed:
“Heavenly Father, we come before you today to ask your forgiveness and to seek your
direction and guidance. We know your Word says, ‘Woe to those who call evil good and
good evil,’ but that is exactly what we have done! We have lost our spiritual equilibrium
and reverence toward you.
“We Confess, we have ridiculed the absolute truth of your Word and called it Pluralism.
We have worshipped other gods and called it multiculturalism. We have endorsed
perversion and called it alternative lifestyle. We have exploited the poor and called it the
Lottery. We have rewarded laziness and called it welfare. We have killed our unborn
and called it choice. We have neglected to discipline our children and call it building
self-esteem. We have abused power and call it politics. We have coveted our neighbors
possessions and call it ambition. We have polluted the air with profanity and
pornography and call it freedom of expression. We have neglected our time-honored
values and call it progress. Search us, O God, and know our hearts today; cleanse us
from every sin and set us free. We ask it in the name of your Son, the Living Savior,
Jesus Christ. Amen.”
The response to this prayer was immediate. A number of legislators walked out in protest
while others verbally protested the “outrage.” It was aired on the news and became a
national story. The vast majority of Americans applauded his courage. His church
received thousands of requests for a copy of the prayer, and the precedent was set for
legislators across the country to be held accountable by local clergy. God wants the
Church to be His voice and to stand up to secularism. Ephesus was that kind of church.
Paul mentored strong believers who eventually impacted their city and all of Asia Minor.
REVIEW: The Purpose of Ephesians
V.1: Paul writes to strong Christians, “faithful in Jesus Christ,” not to the fainthearted,
but to those willing to strap on the whole armor of God and stand firm against the devil!
That fits people in this room, you who need no convincing; you need equipping.
V.2-6: Paul begins a vocabulary list necessary for strong believers.
• V.2: “Grace” to you- “The limitless loving-kindness of God that enables and
equips us for His will. Grace suggests a work of God, originating in heaven. • V.2: “Peace”- Divine reassurance and restful confidence.” The words, “from
God…” suggests it is not self generated. • V.3: “Blessed,” Eulogeo- It means, “To speak well of,” as in “Eulogy”. God
speaks well of us by giving to us “all that benefits or furthers our status in heavenly places.” • V.4: “Chose us,” Eklegomai- “to select over all else that is preferable.” Think of
it as if you had a bowl of diamonds, and among all that is beautiful sits a piece of worthless coal. He chooses the coal (you and me) and speaks well of it. • V.5: “Predestined us,” Proorizo- “To predetermine according to the good pleasure
of His will. This is not to negate “free will.” An emphasis on free-will choices are taught throughout the Bible. But God predetermines our way as adopted sons. I adopted both of my children, and long before they were born, we predetermined where they would live, go to school and Sandi even planned their weddings! • V.6: “Made us,” Charitoo- “To caress and fashion to loveliness to be treasured.
In summary, as a believer your favor with God; your present circumstances; your future plans, physical abilities and frame of mind are God’s gift to you. God’s gifts continue: • V.7: We have redemption through the blood and forgiveness of sins.
• V.8: God gives us wisdom and understanding on how to live our lives.
• V.9: We have been made to know the “mystery of His will.”
• V13: Our salvation is sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise who is our guarantee.
But our salvation, favor with God and gifts from God have a far greater purpose than
simply to enhance our lives. Our lives testify to God’s amazing glory- “to the praise of
His glory.” (V.6; 12; 14). CS Lewis wrote:
“God became a man not merely to improve men but to transform men; though
transformation always improves people, but an improved sinner is still a sinner. God
became a man to make creatures into sons, not simply to produce better men but a new
kind of man- a man saved from his sin.” [THEME]
THE KNOWLEDGE OF JESUS TRANSFORMS- V.15-23
Do you feel a need for more wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of God? How do
we obtain it? It’s no mystery. In fact, it’s simple. This wisdom and revelation of God
comes by knowing who the “Real Jesus” is! However, real consequences result from a
watered-down Jesus. A counterfeit Christianity leads to a loss of confidence in God. We
begin trusting in ourselves. We’re more easily drawn away by temptation. We doubt our
own salvation and feel intimidated by a vocal world that finds the Atonement offensive.
V.15-19: Paul drops to his knees and prays for those with “faith in the Lord Jesus and
love for all the saints.” He desires them to know three things: 1.) “the hope of His
calling,” 2.)”the riches of His glory,” 3.) “the working of His mighty power.”
Will the Real Jesus Step Forward! V.20-23
While the majority of Americans consider themselves Christians, they also embrace
“Religious Pluralism” which teaches that all religions teach the same lessons and are
equally valid. About one third of “born-again Christians” do not believe Jesus is the only
way to heaven. They believe He was a great teacher and prophet, but to think of Him as
God and the only way to heaven is bigoted, arrogant and narrow minded. If Paul was a
guest speaker at Berkley, would he be considered bigoted, arrogant and narrow minded?
• Jesus is raised from the dead. • Seated in heaven, meaning enthroned and above creation. • Far above all principality (government), power and might, to mean all that has rule, authority or control, both seen and unseen. • His name is above all name in this age (life as we know it) and in the age to come. • All things are under His feet. • He is the head over all things to the Church.
Answering the Most Common Objection
By far the world’s most common objection to Christianity is, “Why do Christians insist
Jesus is the only way?” How do we answer this objection? Four points to consider:
• Exclusivity is everywhere. Every belief system is exclusive, including Islam, Buddhism, Judaism and even Universalism which is the belief that everyone is right. If you spoke to a Universalist and said, “I don’t believe everyone is right,” they would say, “You are wrong,” therefore excluding me. Somehow only Christianity is thought of as being exclusive. • Our nation was founded on exclusivity. The belief in limited government, individual rights and a free market was brand new in 1776. To be an American patriot was to say, “We are right and the rest of the world is wrong.” The belief in Democracy was offensive and thought of as bigoted, arrogant and narrow minded. This is why Christianity was easily embraced by early Americans. • Computer science, natural science and math science practice exclusivity. 2+2 will never equal 5. It’s wrong! If you go to a doctor and he says, “You’ve got cancer and you’re going to die.” It’s based on the truth of science. You may not like that and respond, “You’re arrogant and narrow minded. I’m going to another doctor.” What’s the difference to say, “You’re a sinner and unforgiven sinners go to hell”? • Exclusivity should not be the issue. The real question is, “What is true?” Osama Bin Laden believes that he represents the truth. So does Chuck Smith, Donald Trump or Hugh Hefner. Which one is true? Arsenic and Aspirin look exactly the same, but one will kill you. Jesus said, “You will know them by their fruits.”
CONCLUSION: Made for His Glory
This is why Jesus insists that we be “Born Again”; a new creature in Christ; having total
transformation. Anything less is mere religious hypocrisy. What exactly is required of
us? We turn away from sin and trust in God’s grace. The rest is up to Him. The
beginning of forgiveness is the beginning of a glorious journey! Pastor Joe Wright was
right after all.
Microsoft word - protocol analagesic activity of topical pain cream in patients with diabetic neuropathy 9 26 13.doc
ANALGESIC ACTIVITY OF TOPICAL PAIN CREAM IN PATIENT WITH CHRONIC PAIN© INVESTIGATIONAL PROTOCOL UNBLINDED, RANDOMIZED POSITIVE CONTROL STUDY American Institute Therapeutics 21 N. Skokie Highway Lake Bluff, IL 60044 Telephone: (847) 735-1170 Facsimile: (847) 735-1173 CONFIDENTIAL This document is a confidential communication of American Institute Therapeutics.