Procedure Appointment Confirmation 5665 Lowery Road, Suite 100 1788 Republic Road Norfolk, VA 23502 (757) 422.2966 Virginia Beach, VA 23454 (757) 422-4563 Fax You have been scheduled for an outpatient procedure with APM Spine and Sports Physicians. You wil need to Procedure DATE: Procedure TIME: PHYSICIAN: LOCATION: Due to the risk of bleeding
Faherty-cv.dviWeb: http://grad.physics.sunysb.edu/ jfaherty/ Camino El Observatorio # 1515 Casilla 36-DSantiago, Chile Stony Brook UniversityM.A Physics, 2006Ph.D. Physics & Astronomy, 2010Thesis Advisors: A. Burgasser (UCSD), M. Shara (AMNH), F. Walter (SBU) University of Notre DameB.S. Physics , 2001 Student Commencement Speaker at Stony Brook University’s PhD Convocation, 2011Stony Brook President’s Award for Distinguished Doctoral Students, 2011Astronomical Society of New York Graduate Dissertation Award, 2010Best Poster Award: Cool Stars 15, 2008Ford Pre Doctoral Fellowship Honorable Mention, 2007Semi-finalist NASA JPFP Graduate Student fellowship, 2006, 2007Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award, Stony Brook University, 2006Teaching Materials Award of Distinction (for DTU Teachers Manual), AMNH, 2002Outstanding Undergraduate Research Award, University of Notre Dame, 2001Fulbright Grant Semi-Finalist, 2001New York State Regents Scholar Award, 1996New York State Scholar Athlete Award, 1996 University of New South Wales (UNSW) Visiting Scientist Fellowship 2012 ($10,000)NASA Astrophysics Data Analysis Program 2011 (PI E. Rice; Collaborator Faherty $181,647)NSF International Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program Award, 2010 ($125,000)AAS Rodger Doxsey Dissertation Travel Award, 2010 ($500)American Museum of Natural History Research Fellowship recipient, 2008 ($35,000)Peter B Kahn Fellowship for travel to an International Conference, 2007 ($1,500)Northwestern REU Fellow 1999 ($8,000) Postdoctoral Fellow, Universidad de Chile Cerro Calan New York, NY, USASupervisor: Sebastien Lepine Properties of brown dwarfs and hot extrasolar planets Kinematics, AstrometryStar and Planet FormationWolf-Rayet Stars, Emission Line Stars, Planetary Nebulae Twenty refereed journal papers published or accepted to date (17 since PhD completion in 2010), garnering 251 citations, 152 of which are for first author papers) leading to an H-index of 9.
20.A WISE search for very late objects detected only in the W2-bandD. J. Pinfield, J. Gomes, A. C. Day-Jones, T. Cattermole, C. Cardoso, J. Faherty, M. T. Ruiz,R. Kurtev, J. R. A. Clarke, B. Burningham, L. Smith, R. Smart, P. W. Lucas, N. Lodieu, M. C.
Galvez-Ortiz, J. S. Jenkins, S. Folkes, H. R. A. Jones, R. Rebolo, V. J. S. Bejar, B. Gauza, MNRAS,Submitted.
19.The Hetu’u Global Network: Measuring the Distance to the Sun Using the June5th/6th Transit of VenusFaherty, Jacqueline K.; Rodriguez, David R.; Miller, Scott T., AER, Accepted 18.WISE J163940.83-684738.6: A Y Dwarf identified by Methane ImagingTinney, Cris. G.; Faherty, Jacqueline K.; Kirkpatrick, J. Davy; Wright, Edward L.; Gelino,Christopher R.; Cushing, Michael C.; Griffith, Roger L.; Salter, Graeme, ApJ, in press (arXiv1209.6123).
2MASSJ035523.51+113337.4: A Young, Dusty, Nearby, Isolated Brown Dwarf Resembling A Giant ExoplanetFaherty, Jacqueline K.; Rice, Emily L.; Cruz, Kelle L.; Mamajek, Eric E.; Nez, Alejandro; 2012,AJ, in press (arXiv 1206.5519F).
16. Deep Search For Companions to Probable Young Brown DwarfsG. Chauvin, J. Faherty, A. Boccaletti, K. Cruz, A.-M. Lagrange, B. Zuckerman, M. S. Bessell, J.-L.
Beuzit, M. Bonnefoy, C. Dumas, P. Lowrance, D. Mouille, and I. Song; 2012, A&A in press (arXiv1208.3092C).
15. Discovery of Two Very Wide Binaries with Ultracool Companions and a NewBrown Dwarf at the L/T TransitionKoraljka Muzic, Jacqueline Radigan, Ray Jayawardhana, Valentin D. Ivanov, Jacqueline K. Fa-herty, Radostin G. Kurtev, Alejandro Nunez, Henri M. J. Boffin, Olivier Hainaut, Kelle Cruz, DavidJones, Stanimir Metchev, Amy Tyndall, Jura Borissova; 2012, ApJ, in press (arXiv 1205.0818M) 14. Discovery of an Unusually Red L-type Brown DwarfJohn E. Gizis, Jacqueline K. Faherty, Michael C. Liu, Philip J. Castro, John D. Shaw, FrederickJ. Vrba, Hugh C. Harris, Kimberly M. Aller, Niall R. Deacon; 2012, AJ in press (arXiv 1207.4012G).
13. The Brown Dwarf Kinematics Project (BDKP). III. Parallaxes for 70 UltracoolDwarfs.
Faherty, Jacqueline K.; Burgasser, Adam J.; Walter, Frederick M.; van der Bliek, Nicole S., Shara,Michael M.; Cruz, Kelle L.,West, Andrew A.; Vrba,Frederick J. ; Anglada-Escude, Guillem; 2012,ApJ, 752, 56F.
12. A Near-Infrared Survey of the Inner Galactic Plane for Wolf-Rayet Stars II.
Going Fainter: 72 More New WR StarsShara, Michael M.; Faherty, Jacqueline K.; Zurek, David; Moffat, Anthony F. J.; Gerke, Jill;Doyon, Ren; Artigau, Etienne; Drissen, Laurent; 2012, AJ, 143, 149S.
11. Low-Mass Tertiary Companions to Spectroscopic Binaries I: Common Proper Mo-tion Survey for Wide Companions using 2MASS Allen, Peter; Burgasser, Adam J.; Faherty,Jacqueline K.; Kirkaptrick, Davy; 2012, AJ, 144, 62A.
10. WISEP J180026.60+013453.1: A Nearby Late L Dwarf Near the Galactic PlaneGizis, John E.; Burgasser, Adam J.; Faherty, Jacqueline K.; Castro, Philip J.; Shara, MichaelM.; 2011, AJ, 142, 171G.
9. Identification of a Wide, Low-Mass Multiple System Containing the Brown Dwarf2MASS J0850359+105716Faherty, Jacqueline K.; Burgasser, Adam J.; Bochanski, John J. ; Looper, Dagny L. ; West,Andrew A.; van der Bliek, Nicole S.; 2011, AJ, 141, 71F.
8. A Widely Separated, Highly Occluded Companion to the Nearby Low-mass T TauriStar TWA 30Looper, Dagny L.; Bochanski, John J.; Burgasser, Adam J.; Mohanty, Subhanjoy; Mamajek, EricE.; Faherty, Jacqueline K., West, Andrew A.; Pitts, Mark A.; 2010, AJ, 140, 1486L.
7. The Lowest-mass Member of the β Pictoris Moving GroupRice, Emily L,; Faherty, Jacqueline K., Cruz, Kelle L.; 2010, ApJ, 715L, 165R.
6. The Enigmatic Young, Low-mass Variable TWA 30Looper, Dagny L.; Bochanski, John J.; Mohanty, Subhanjoy; Burgasser, Adam J.; Mamajek, EricE.; Herczeg, Gregory J.; West, Andrew A.; Faherty, Jacqueline K., Rayner, John; Pitts, MarkA.; Kirkpatrick, J. Davy; 2010, ApJ, 714, 45L.
5. SpeX Spectroscopy of Unresolved Very Low-Mass Binaries. I. Identication ofSeventeen Candidate Binaries Straddling the L Dwarf/T Dwarf TransitionBurgasser, Adam J.; Cruz, Kelle L.; Cushing, Michael; Gelino, Chris R.; Looper, Dagny L.; Faherty,Jacqueline K.; Kirkpatrick, J. Davy; Reid; I. Neill; 2010, ApJ, 710, 1142B.
4. The Brown Dwarf Kinematics Project II. Details on Nine Wide Common ProperMotion Very Low-Mass Companions to Nearby Stars.
Faherty, Jacqueline K.; Burgasser, Adam J.; Andrew A. West; John J. Bochanski; Cruz, KelleL.; Shara, Michael M.; Walter, Frederick M.; 2010, AJ, 139, 176F.
3. 2MASS J061640066407194: The First Outer Halo L SubdwarfCushing, Michael C. ; Looper, Dagny.; Burgasser, Adam J.; Kirkpatrick, Davy; Faherty, JacquelineK.; Cruz, Kelle.; Sweet, Anne; Sanderson, Robyn E.; 2009, ApJ, 696, 986.
2. The Brown Dwarf Kinematics Project I. Proper Motions and Tangential Veloci-ties for a Large Sample of Late-Type M, L, and T Dwarfs.
Faherty, Jacqueline K.; Burgasser, Adam J.; Cruz, Kelle L.; Shara, Michael M.; Walter, FrederickM.; Gelino, Christoper R. 2009, AJ, 137, 1F.
1. The Trigonometric Parallax of the Neutron Star GemingaFaherty, Jacqueline K.; Walter, Frederick.; Anderson, Jay.; 2007, Astrophysics and Space Science308, 225 7. The Kinematics of Very Low Mass Dwarfs: Splinter Session Summary Burgasser,Adam J., Faherty,Jacqueline K., Schmidt, Sarah, West, Andrew A., Zapatero Osorio, Maria Rosa,Pineda, J. Sebastian, Burningham, Ben, Nicholls, Christine, Sanderson, Robyn, Shkolnik, Evgenya,Rodriguez, David, Riedel, Adric, and Joergens, Viki. 2012, Proceedings on the 17th CambridgeWorkshop on Cool Stars, Submitted.
6. Juvenile Ultracool dwarfs Rice, Emily L., Faherty, Jacqueline K., Cruz, Kelle, Barman,Travis, Looper, Dagny, Malo, Lison, Mamajek, Eric, Metchev, Stanimir, Shkolnik, Evgenya. 2010,Proceedings on the 16th Cambridge Workshop on Cool Stars, 448, 481R.
5. The Brown Dwarf Kinematics Project III. Preliminary Parallax Results Faherty,Jacqueline K., Burgasser, Adam., Walter, Frederick., van der Bliek, Nicole S., & Shara, Michael.,Cruz, Kelle L. 2010, Proceedings on the 16th Cambridge Workshop on Cool Stars, Proceedings onthe 16th Cambridge Workshop on Cool Stars, 448, 1343F.
4. Proper Motions and Tangential Velocities for a Large Sample of Late-type M, Land T Dwarfs Faherty, Jacqueline K.; Burgasser, Adam J.; Cruz, Kelle L.; Shara, Michael M.;Walter, Frederick M.; Gelino, Christoper R. 2009, Proceedings on the 15th Cambridge Workshop onCool Stars, 1094, 517.
3. Very Low Mass Objects in Orion OB1a and b Walter, Frederick M., Faherty, JacquelineK.; Sherry, William H.; Brittain, Sean; 2009, Proceedings on the 15th Cambridge Workshop on CoolStars, 1094, 568.
2. A New Population of Young Brown Dwarfs Cruz, Kelle L. , Kirkpatrick, Davy.; Burgasser,Adam J., Looper, Dagny; Mohanty, Subhanjoy, Prato, Lisa; Faherty, Jacqueline K., Solomon,Adam. 2008, Proceedings on the 14th Cambridge Workshop on Cool Stars, 384, 119.
Brown Dwarf Kinematics Project Faherty, Jacqueline K., Cruz, Kelle., Burgasser, Adam., Walter, Frederick., & Shara, Michael. 2008, IAU Symposium, Vol. 248, IAU Symposium,ed. W. J. Jin, I. Platais, & M. A. C. Perryman, 102103 Advancements in Astrometry: From Brown Dwarfs to Giant Exoplanets University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield UK, 2012, Review talk at Cool Stars 17 Ultracool Dwarf Kine- matics Splinter Session Barcelona, Spain, 2012 The Brown Dwarf Kinematics ProjectUniversidad de Chile, Cerro Calan Santiago, Chile 2011, Universidad Catolica Santiago, Chile 2011,European Southern Observatory Santiago, Chile 2011 The Brown Dwarf Kinematics Project: How Distances Both Advance and ComplicateOur Understanding of the Brown Dwarf PopulationAAS 2011 Roger Doxsey Thesis Prize Presentation, Lehman College Astronomy 2011 Seminar, PennState Astronomy Seminar 2011, Delaware Astronomy Seminar 2011, ASNY Graduate Thesis PrizeInvited Talk 2011 Learning from the Motions of Ultracool Dwarfs: Companions, Ages, Higher OrderMultiplicityRecipes for Making Brownies: Theory vs. Observations, Netherlands 2009 Meeting Our Cool, Fast, Brown Dwarf NeighborsMDM Consortium Meeting, New York 2009 Learning From the Motions of Ultracool DwarfsNational Society of Black and Hispanic Physicist Annual Meeting, Nashville, 2009New York Workshop on Computer, Earth, and Space Sciences, New York 2009 A New Population of Substellar Mass Objects in OrionAstronomical Society of New York Annual Meeting, 2007 National Society of Black PhysicistsAmerican Association of University WomenAssociation for Women in Science CTIO: Blanco 4.0m, 1.5m, 0.9m 1.3m with near-IR instruments ISPI, CPAPIR, ANDICAM optical imager CFIM; RC spectrograph; Echelle spectrographLCO: Clay and Baade 6.5m with MagE, LDSS-3, FIRE Spectrographs; PANIC near-IR imagerMDM: 1.3m, 2.4m with optical imager NELLIE, near-IR imager and spectrograph TIFKAMIRTF: 3.5m with SpeX near-IR spectrographKECK: NIRSPECLa Silla: NTT with SofI Adjunct, City University of New York (CUNY) Instructor for School of Professional Studies Space Time and Motion Course Instructor for the NASA High School After School Program Presenter for Virtual Universe and Celestial Highlights monthly Planetarium programs Hayden Astrophysics Outreach Coordinator, AMNH Created the Hayden Outreach program for middle-high school students.
Astronomy Moveable Museum Coordinator, AMNH Created teaching materials then instructed with the moveable at various schools in NYC Presenter with the Eugene Lang Middle School Outreach program Teaching Assistant, Stony Brook University Led practical portion of Observational Astronomy for majors.
Instructor, Amateur Astronomers of New York Instructor for Introduction to Astronomy and Cosmology courses Professional Development Instructor, AMNH Designed workshops for teachers from NYC schools on how to use AMNH as an Astronomy resource.
WNYC Radio, NHK Japan TV interviews for July 11, 2012 Manhattanhenge event La Tercera, 24 horas, El Mercurio, RadioChile interviews for June 5th Transit of Venus event onEaster IslandNPR Science Friday Radio, Televisa Mexico TV interviews for July 12th, 2011 ManhattanhengeeventAmerican Museum of Natural History Blog contributor Insights from the Hubble TelescopeThe Explosive UniverseOur Solar NeighborhoodWhats up in the Winter Sky?Stars, Constellations, and Legends in the Southern Sky Virtual Universe and Celestial Highlights Talks at AMNH (6-10 each year)El Futuro de Los Viajes en EspacioEaster Island Museum, 2012The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Astronomy in the MediaColumbia University Open Night, 2009Planets, Planets Everywhere!Amateur Astronomers of New Jersey, 2009Robots on Mars: The story of Spirit and OpportunityNew School, 2006 Organized a 2-day Astronomy outreach workshop at the Easter Island Museum and a visit by 9professional astronomers to the 3 main schools on the island to promote the June 5th Transit ofVenus. 20% of the island was present for the viewing I organized at the Ahu Tahai Moai alter site.
Organizer, Global Hetu’u Venus Transit Viewing Network Organized a global network of school groups in Chile, China, Australia, Europe, Japan, Iran, USA,India and Colombia to view the June 5th/6th transit of venus and combine timing measurements tocompute the distance to the Sun.
Served on a lunch panel with 4 senior female faculty members to to discuss issues related to genderthat arise while doing field work Mentor for three high school female students in the NASA Science and Research Mentoring Program(SRMP) Attended annual meeting to give scientific talk and forge mentorships.
Presenter, Trendsetters Network Conference Speaker at an all girls event where female professionals look to mentor young women in Science Arranged Astronomy activities for the after-school programs at IS162 in the Bronx Provided Astronomy activities for students bused in from NYC by aid societies to rural NJ Mentored middle school females in Science through the WIZARDS outreach program
COSMETIC DENTISTRY Teeth Whitening Whitening of teeth is performed for patients who desire a brighter smile. As the name suggests, teeth whitening is a procedure used to lighten the color of teeth. You should look for a whitening procedure that is: Teeth darkened from coffee, tea or smoking Discoloration of teeth by the deterioration of a tooth’s nerve **Stains caused by te