Yorkshire and Humber Children’s and Young People’s Cancer Network Guidelines for Suspected Spinal Cord Compression in Children and Young People <18yr old *** VALID ON DATE OF PRINTING ONLY - all guidelines available at http://www.ycn.nhs.uk/ *** i Document Control Suspected Spinal Cord Compression in Children and Young People <18y Author(s) Version Contro
Tablets-au.com Available ED Drugstore is an 1st. pharmacy providing a individual service to the society in Australia. Over 80,000 extremely satisfied buyers! We're your medication drug store cialis australia and have provided trusted service to families in Australia for over 15 years.
DATE OF BIRTH: February 14, 1961
1880 Dove Mountain Court Reno, Nevada 89523775-453-2490 IGHER EDUCATION :
Pennsylvania State UniversityUniversity Park, PAB.S. 1978-1981 GRADUATE:
Jefferson Medical CollegeThomas Jefferson UniversityPhiladelphia, PA M.D. 1979-1983(Integrated Medical Program with Pennsylvania State University) POST-DOCTORAL TRAINING:
Internship and Residency 1983-1986Rehabilitation MedicineThomas Jefferson University HospitalPhiladelphia, PA LICENSURE:
Florida ME83004 expiration date 1/31/2011 Alabama 27273, expiration date 12/31/2010 Nevada 13225, expiration date, 6/30/2011NJ MA47927, inactiveNY 60-215725 inactive; PA inactive CERTIFICATION:
Specialty Board: American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, May 20, 1987 Subspecialty certification in SCI Medicine December 1, 2005 #481 NARCOTICS CERTIFICATION:
DEA: BS0559205, expiration date February 28, 2011 CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE:
CS18179, expiration date October 31, 2010 EXPERIENCE:
Clinical Instructor, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School Assistant Professor of Clinical Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School Associate Professor of Clinical Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School1994-1996 Associate Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School1996-7/15/99 Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University Hospital Associate Professor of Clinical Rehabilitation Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY—July 1999-February 2000 Associate Attending PhysicianDepartment of Rehabilitation MedicineMt. Sinai School of MedicineNew York, New York Associate Professor of Clinical Neurological SurgeryUniversity of Miami School of MedicineMiami, Florida2000-2002 Associate Professor of Neurological Surgery, tenuredUniversity of Miami School of MedicineMiami, Florida2002-2004 Associate Professor of Rehabilitation MedicineUniversity of Miami School of MedicineMiami, Florida2002-2004 Interim ChairDepartment of Rehabilitation MedicineUniversity of Miami School of Medicine2002-2004 Professor of Rehabilitation MedicineUniversity of Miami School of MedicineMiami, Florida2004-2005 Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Spain Women’s Committee Endowed Chair in Neuroscience Director of Neuroscience ResearchDepartment of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationUniversity of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine2005-2008 NONACADEMIC:
Attending Physician 1986-1999Clinical Chief of SCI Services, 1987-1988Director of SCI Services, 1988-1995Associate Medical Director, 1992-1993Medical Director, 1994-1997 Director of Medical Systems DevelopmentKessler Rehabilitation Corporation1997-1999 Medical DirectorAlexander Associates/Mt. Laurel Counseling CenterHoover, Alabama 2008-2009 2009-2010Director of SCI RehabilitationRenown Regional HospitalMill StreetReno, Nevada 89523 2010Medical DirectorRenown Rehabilitation HospitalMill StreetReno, Nevada 89523 PUBLICATIONS:
BOOKS, MONOGRAPHS AND CHAPTERS:
22. Alexander MS. Chronic spinal cord injury. Spinal Cord. Mar 2009;47:270-271. Book Review 21.Sipski ML .Disabilities, Psychophysiology and Sexual Functioning pp. 410-424 The Psychophysiology of Sex The Kinsey Institute. Indiana University Press Bloomington, IN 2007.
20. Sipski ML; Adrenas A. Research findings related to Female Sexual Function after Spinal Cord Injury. pp 441-448 Autonomic Function after SCI editor Lynne Weaver Elsevier, 2006.
19. Branco F, Sipski ML, Sherman A. Sexuality Issues in Persons with Disabilities. Pp. 667-684 Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Medicine Braddom et al. Saunders, 2007.
18. Sipski ML, Alexander CJ. Special Issues in the Management of Female Sexual Dysfunction: Spinal Cord Injury in press in: Women’s Sexual Function and Dysfunction: Study, Diagnosis and Treatment editors Goldstein, Meston, Davis and Traish, , London, Taylor and Francis 2005.
17. Meston CM, Hull E, Levin RJ, Sipski ML. Women’s Orgasm in International Consultation in Sexual Medicine, Editors TF. Lue, R. Basson, R. Rosen, F. Guiliano, S. Khoury, and F. Montorsi. Paris, 2004. 16. Behnegar A, Saadia D, Sipski ML, Kaufmann H. Female Sexual Response in Marcelo T. de Alvear’s Tratado de Neurologia Clinica. Buenos Aires, Argentina. 2002. (In Spanish) 15. Sipski ML, Alexander CJ, Sherman A. Sexuality and Disability in DeLisa and Gans, Rehabilitation Medicine Principles and Practice, 4th Edition. Pp. 1583-1603. Philadelphia: JB Lippincott Company. 14.Singer C, Sipski ML. Sexual function and Neurologic Disorders in O Edition. Philadelphia: Churchill Livingstone.: 154-159. 13.Sipski ML, Behnegar A. Management of Pregnancy in Women with Spinal Cord Injury in Emergencies in Chronic Spinal Cord Injury Patients, 3rd edition Editors Ibrahim Eltorai and James Schmitt Jackson Heights, NY Eastern Paralyzed Veterans Association: 2002: 213-228.
12.Sipski ML. Sexual Function in Women with Neurologic Disorders. Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinics of North America Volume 12, Number 1, February 2001 79-90.
11.Editorial Advisory Board, Clinical Pathways for Medical Rehabilitation Gaithersburg, MD: Aspen , Publishers, 1998.
10.Sipski ML, Alexander CJ. Sexuality and Disability. DeLisa and Gans, Editors In Rehabilitation Medicine Principles and Practice, 3rd Edition. Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott Company. 1998:1107-1130.
9.Sipski ML, Alexander CJ (Editors). Maintaining Sexuality With Disability and Chronic Illness: A Practitioner’s Guide. Gaithersburg, MD: Aspen Publishers, 1997.
8.Sipski ML. Sexuality. In: Bach J, Editor. Pulmonary Rehabilitation. Philadelphia: Hanley and Belfus, 1996:203-211.
7.Editorial Advisory Board, SCI Patient Education Resource Manual. Gaithersburg, MD: Aspen Publishers, 1996.
6.Sipski ML, Tolchin R, Ferraro D. Rehabilitation in spinal cord injury. In: Young RR, Woolsey RM, Editors. Diagnosis and Management of Disorders of the Spinal Cord. Philadelphia: WB Saunders Company, 1995:265-286.
5.Cardenas DD, Farrell-Roberts L, Sipski ML, Rubner D. Management of gastrointestinal, genitourinary and sexual function. In: Spinal Cord Injury: Clinical Outcomes from the Model Systems. Gaithersburg, MD: Aspen Publishers, 1995:120-144.
4.Sipski ML. The impact of spinal cord trauma on female sexual function. In: Haseltine FP, Cole SS, Gray DB, Editors. Reproductive Issues for Persons With Physical Disabilities. Baltimore: Brookes Publishing, 1993:209-220.
3.Sipski ML, Sipski ML, Tolchin RB. Spinal and upper extremity orthoses. In: DeLisa JA, Gans BM, Editors. Rehabilitation Medicine: Principles and Practices, 2nd edition. Philadelphia: JB Lippincott Company, 1993:477-491.
2.Sipski ML, Alexander CJ. Sexual function and dysfunction after spinal cord injury. Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinics of North America, vol. 3. Philadelphia: WB Saunders Company, 1992:811-828.
1.Sipski ML, Hendler S, DeLisa JA. Rehabilitation of patients with spinal cord disease. In: Young R, Woolsey R, Editors. Neurologic Clinics of North America. Philadelphia: WB Saunders Company, 1991:705-725.
ORIGINAL PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES:
89. Alexander MS, Biering-Sorensen F, Elliott S, Kreuter M, Sonksen J. International Spinal Cord Injury Female Sexual Function Basic Data Set. In press Spinal Cord December 2010 88. Krassioukov A, Alexander MS, Karlsson AK, Donovan W, Mathias CJ, Biering-Sorensen F. International spinal cord injury cardiovascular function basic data set. Spinal Cord 2010 Aug; 48(8):586-90. Epub 2010 Jan 26.
87. Alexander MS, Rosen RC, Steinberg S, Symonds T, Haughie S, Hultling C. Sildenafil in women with sexual arousal disorder following spinal cord injury. Spinal Cord 2010 Aug 24. [Epub ahead of print] 86. Alexander MS, Biering-Sorensen F, Elliott S, Kreuter M, Sonksen J. International Spinal Cord Injury Male Sexual Function Basic Data Set. In press Spinal Cord November 2010 85. Krassioukov A, Alexander MS, Karlsson AK, Donovan W, Mathias CJ, Biering-Sorensen F. International Spinal Cord Injury Cardiovascular Function Basic Data. Spinal Cord. 2010: Aug: 48 (8): 586-90. 84. Alexander MS, Anderson KD, Biering-Sorensen F, Blight AR, Brannon R, Bryce TN, Creasey G, Catz A, Curt A, Donovan W, Ditunno J, Ellaway P, Finnerup NB, Graves DE, Haynes BA, Heinemann AW, Jackson AB, Johnston MV, Kalpakjian CZ, Kleitman N, Krassioukov A, Krogh K, Lammertse D, Magasi S, Mulcahey MJ, Schurch B, Sherwood A, Steeves JD, Stiens S, Tulsky DS, van Hedel HJ, Whiteneck G. Outcome measures in spinal cord injury: recent assessments and recommendations for future directions. Spinal Cord. 2009 Aug; 47(8):582-91. Epub 2009 Apr 21. Review.
83. Alexander MS, Brackett NL, Bodner D. Elliott S, Jackson A, Sonksen J. Measurement of Sexual Functioning after Spinal Cord Injury: Preferred Instruments. JSCM 2009: 32 pg. 226-236. 82. Alexander MS, Bering-Sorensen F, Bodner , Brackett NL, Cardenas D, Charlifue S, Creasey G, Ditunno J, Donovan W, Elliott SL, Estores I, Graves DE, Green B, Gousse A, Jackson AB, Kennelly M, Karlsson A-K, Krassioukov A, Krogh K, Linsenmeyer T, Marino R, Mathias CJ, Perkash I, Sheel AW, Shilero G, Schurch B, Sonksen J, Stiens S, Wecht J, Wuermser LA, Wyndaele J-J. International standards to document remaining autonomic function after spinal cord injury Spinal Cord 2009: 47: pg. 36-43.
81. Cai RS, Sipski Alexander M, Marson L. Activation of somatosensory afferents elicit changes in vaginal blood flow and the urethrogenital reflex via autonomic efferents. Journal of Urology 2008. 180:3 1167-1172.
80. Alexander M. Autonomic Function and Spinal Cord Injury: Are we at a Crossroads? Spinal Cord 2008; 46: 402-405.
79. Spinal Cord Injuries and Orgasm: A Review Sipski Alexander M, Rosen RC. Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy. 2008; 34: 308-324.
78. Wiedey J, Sipski Alexander M, Marson L. Spinal Neurons Activated in Response to Pudendal or Pelvic Nerve Stimulation in Female Rats. Brain Research 2008: 1197; 106-114.
77. Cardenas DD, Ditunno J, Graziani V, Jackson AB, Lammertse D, Potter P, Sipski M, Cohen R, Blight AR. Phase 2 trial of sustained-release fampridine in chronic spinal cord injury. Spinal Cord. 2007 Feb;45(2):158-68. Epub 2006 June 13.
76. Alexander MS. Outcomes in spinal cord injury. J Rehabil Res Dev. 2007;44(1):63-4. No abstract available.
75. Alexander MS, Bodner D. Brackett NL, Elliott S, Jackson AB, Sonksen J; Ad Hoc Committee American Spinal Injury Association. Development of international standards to document sexual and reproductive functions after spinal cord injury: preliminary report. J Rehabil Res Dev. 2007;44(1):83-90.
74. Sipski ML, Alexander CJ. Recommendations for discussing sexuality after SCI/D in children, adolescents, and adults. Journal of Spinal Cord Medicine 2007: 30: 30-35. 73. Sipski ML, Bodner D, Brackett N, Elliott S, Jackson A, Sonksen J. The Development of International Standards to Document remaining Sexual Function after Spinal Cord Injury: Preliminary Report. JRRD 2007 44: 83-90.
72. Cardenas D, Ditunno J, Graziani V, Jackson AB, Lammertse D, Potter P, Sipski ML, Cohen R, Blight A. Phase 2 trial of sustained-release fampridine in chronic spinal cord injury. Spinal Cord. 2007 45: 158-168.
71. Sipski ML, Alexander CJ, Gomez O, Spalding J. The Effects of Spinal Cord Injury on Psychogenic Sexual Arousal in Males: Journal of Urology, 2007 177(1) 247-51. 70. Sipski M, Alexander CJ, Gomez-Marin O. Effects of level and degree of spinal cord injury on male orgasm. Spinal Cord 2006 44; 798-804.
69. Sipski ML, Pearse D. Methylprednisolone and Spinal Cord Injury Clinical Trials: A Viewpoint Nature Neurology 2006 2(8) 402-403.
68. Sipski ML, Richards S. Spinal Cord Injury, A State of the Science Review: American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 2006 85 (4) 310-342.
67. Sipski ML, Alexander CJ, Rosen RC, Gomez-Marin O, Grossbard M. Efficacy of vibratory stimulation in increasing sexual arousal in women with SCIs. JRRD 2006 42 (5) 609-616.
66. Sipski ML, Marino R, Kennelly M, Krassioukov A, Stiens S. Autonomic Standards and SCI: Preliminary considerations. Topics in SCI Rehabilitation 2006 11(3) 101-109.
65. Sipski ML, Arenas A. Female sexual function after spinal cord injury. Prog Brain Res. 2006; 152:441-7. Review.
64. Sipski ML, Alexander CJ, Gomez-Marin O, Grossbard M, Rosen R. Effects of vibratory stimulation on sexual response in women with spinal cord injury. J Rehabil Res Dev. 2005 Sep-Oct;42(5):609-16.
63. Jackson A, Sipski ML. Reproductive Issues for Women with Spina Bifida. Journal of Spinal Cord Medicine 28 (2) 2005; 81-90.
62. Qian T, Guo X, Levi AD, Vanni S, Shebert RT, Sipski ML. High-dose methylprednisolone may cause myopathy in acute spinal cord injury patients. Spinal Cord (2005) 43, 199-203.
61. Lammertse DP, Jackson AB, Sipski ML. Research from the Model Spinal Cord Injury Systems: findings from the current 5-year grant cycle. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004 Nov;85(11):1737-9.
60. Estores I, Sipski ML. She Does Not Sit and Wait: Women’s Issues After Spinal Cord Injury. Topics in Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation. 2004: 10(2):107-125.
59. Parrilla Z, Sipski ML, Gomez-Marin O, Thomas G. Demographic Trends in Women with High Tetraplegia. Topics in Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation. 2005; 10(3); 63-78. 58. Sipski ML, Jackson A, Gomez-Marin O, Estores IM. Effects of Gender on Neurological and Functional Recovery Following Spinal Cord Injury. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2004; 85(11) 1826-1836.
57. Sipski ML, Estores I, Alexander CJ, Guo X, Chandarlapaty SK. Lack of justification for routine abdominal ultrasonography in patients with chronic SCI. Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development. 2004: 41(1): 101-108.
58. Meston CM, Hull E, Levin RJ, Sipski M. Disorders of orgasm in women. J Sex Med. 2004 55. Sipski ML, Rosen RC, Alexander CJ, Gomez-Marin O. Sexual responsiveness in women with spinal cord injuries: differential effects of anxiety-eliciting stimulation. Arch Sex Behav. 2004 Jun;33(3):295-302.
54. Meston CM, Levin RJ, Sipski ML, Hull EM, Heiman JR. Women’s Orgasm. Annu Rev Sex Res. 2004;15:173-257. Review.
53. Sipski ML. From Bench to Body: Issues Associated with Translational Research and SCI. Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development. 2003: 40 (4S) 1-8.
52. Gousse AE, Meinbach DS, Kester RR, Kim SS, Pareek K, Sipski M, Weinstein D. Renal ultrasound correlates with renal nuclear scan in upper tract surveillance of spinal cord injured patients. Topics in SCI Rehabilitation. 2003: (8) 1-7.
51. Sipski ML, Alexander CJ, Gousse A, Weinstein D, Zlamal R. Cardiovascular effects of sildenafil in men with SCIs at and above T6. Topics in SCI Rehabilitation. 2003: (8)26-35. 50. Derry F, Hulting C, Seftel AD, Sipski ML. Efficacy and Safety of Sildenafil Citrate in Men with Erectile Dysfunction and Spinal Cord Injury: A Review. Urology 2002: 60 (supp 2B) 49-57.
49.Sipski ML. Central Nervous System Based Neurogenic Female Sexual Dysfunction: Current Status and Future Trends. Archives of Sexual Behavior 2002: 31 (5)421-424.
48. Sipski ML. Documentation of the Impact of Spinal Cord Injury on Sexual Function: The Female Spinal Sexual Function Classification. Topics in SCI Rehabilitation 2002; 8(1)63-73.
47. Benevento B, Sipski ML. Neurogenic bowel, Neurogenic bladder and sexual dysfunction in spinal cord injury. Phys Ther 2002; 82: 601-612. 46. Alexander CJ, Hwang K, Sipski ML. Mothers with spinal cord injuries: Impact on marital family and children’s adjustment. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2002 Jan; 83 (1): 24-30.
45. Sipski ML, Behnegar A. Neurogenic Female Sexual Dysfunction: A Review. Clin Auton Res 2001 Oct; 11(5):279-83.
44. Sipski ML. Sexual response in the female with spinal cord injury: Neurologic pathways and recommendations for the use of electrical stimulation. Jnl of Spinal Cord Medicine 2001 24(3): 155-158.
43. Alexander CJ, Hwang K, Sipski ML. Mothers with Spinal Cord Injuries: Impact on Family Division of Labor, Family Decision Making, and Rearing of Children. Top Spinal Cord Inj Rehabil 2001;7(1):25-36.
42. Sipski ML. A Physiatrists view regarding the report of the international consensus conference of female sexual dysfunction: Potential concerns regarding women with disabilities. Jnl Sex and Marital Therapy 2001 Mar-Apr 27; 215-216.
41. Sipski ML, Alexander CJ, Rosen RC. The Neurologic Basis of Sexual Arousal and Orgasm in Women: Effects of Spinal Cord Injury. Ann Neurol 2001;49:35-44.
40.Sipski ML, Alexander CJ, Rosen RC. Sexual arousal and orgasm in women: effects of spinal cord injury. Ann Neurol. 2001 Jan;49(1):35-44.
39. Ditunno JF, Jr., Cohen ME, Hauck WW, Jackson AB, Sipski ML. Recovery of upper-extremity strength in complete and incomplete tetraplegia: a multicenter study. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2000 Apr; 81(4):389-93.
38. Sipski ML, Rosen RC, Alexander CJ, Hamer R. A controlled trial of positive feedback to increase sexual arousal in women with spinal cord injuries. NeuroRehabilitation. 2000; 15(2):145-153. No abstract available. 37. Sipski ML. Introduction. NeuroRehabilitation. 2000;15(2):87. No abstract available.
36. Sipski ML, Rosen RC, Alexander CJ, Hamer R. Effects of Positive Feedback on Sexual Arousal in Women with Spinal Cord Injury. Neurorehabilitation 15 (2000) 145-153.
35. Sipski ML. Future Options for Improving Sexual Satisfaction in Persons with Spinal Cord Injuries. Topics in Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation. 2000, 6:148-54.
34.Sipski ML, Alexander CJ, Rosen RC, Hamer RM. Sildenafil Effects on Sexual and Cardiovascular Responses in Women with Spinal Cord Injury. Urology 55: 812-815, 2000.
33. Basson R, Berman J, Burnett A, Derogatis L, Ferguson D, Fourcroy J, Goldstein I, Graziottin A, Heiman, J, Laan E, Leiblum S, Padma-Nathan H, Rosen R, Segraves K, Segraves R, Shabsigh R, Sipski M, Wagner G and Whipple B. Report of the International Consensus Development Conference on Female Sexual Dysfunction: Definitions and Classifications. The Journal of Urology 2000, 163: 888-893.
32. Ditunno, JF, Jr., Cohen ME, Hauck W, Jackson A, Sipski ML. Recovery of upper extremity muscles in complete and incomplete tetraplegia: A multicenter study. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 2000; 81: 389-93.
31. Sipski ML. Managed care and SCI. J Spinal Cord Med. 1999 Summer; 22(2):144-6. No abstract available.
30. Sipski ML, Alexander CJ, Rosen RC. Sexual response in women with spinal cord injuries: implications for our understanding of the able bodied. J Sex Marital Ther. 1999 Jan-Mar; 25(1):11-22.
29. Sipski ML, Alexander CJ, Rosen RC. Sexual response in women with spinal cord injuries: Implications for our understanding of the able-bodied. Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy 1999; 25:11-22. 28. Sipski M. SCI women do have orgasms! Spinal Cord. 1998 Aug;36(8);596. No abstract available.
27.Black K, Sipski ML. Sexual satisfaction and sexual drive in spinal cord injured women. Journal of Spinal Cord Medicine 1998; 21; 3: 240-244. 26. Sipski ML. Sexual functioning in the spinal cord injured. International Journal of Impotence Research. 1998;10, Suppl 2, S128-30.
25. Sipski ML, Alexander CJ, Rosen RC. Physiologic parameters associated with psychogenic sexual arousal in women with incomplete spinal cord injuries. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 1997;78:305-313.
24. Sipski ML, Rosen RC, Alexander CJ. Physiological parameters associated with the performance of a distracting task and genital self-stimulation in women with complete spinal cord injuries. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1996 May; 77(5):419-24.
23. Sipski ML, Alexander CJ, Rosen RC. Physiologic parameters associated with the performance of a distracting task and genital self-stimulation in women with complete spinal cord injuries. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 1996;77:419-424.
22. Sipski ML, Alexander CJ, Rosen RC. Physiologic parameters associated with psychogenic sexual arousal in women with complete spinal cord injuries. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 1995;76:811-818.
21. Sipski ML, Alexander CJ. Female sexuality after spinal cord injury: Current knowledge and future directions. Topics in Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation 1995;1:1-10.
20. Sipski ML, Alexander CJ. Spinal cord injury and female sexuality. Annual Review of Sex Research 1995; 6:224-244.
19. Sipski ML, Alexander CJ, Rosen RC. Orgasm in women with spinal cord injuries: A laboratory-based assessment. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 1995; Dec 76:1097-1102.
18.Campagnolo DI, Keller SE, DeLisa JA, Glick TJ, Sipski ML, Schleifer SJ. Alteration of immune system function in tetraplegics. American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 1994;73:387-393.
17.Sipski ML, Alexander CJ, Harris M. Long-term use of computerized bicycle ergometry for spinal cord injured subjects. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 1993;74:238-241.
16. Yablon SA, Sipski ML. Transdermal clonidine effect on spinal spasticity: A case series. American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 1993;72:154-157.
15. Sipski ML, Alexander CJ. Sexual activities, response and satisfaction in women pre- and post-spinal cord injury. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 1993;74:1025-1029.
14. Alexander CJ, Sipski ML, Findley TW. Sexual activities, desire and satisfaction in males pre- and post-spinal cord injury. Archives of Sexual Behavior 1993;22:217-228.
13. Sipski ML. Spinal cord injury: What is the effect on sexual response? Journal of American Paraplegia Society 1991;14:40-43.
12. Sipski ML, DeLisa JA. Functional electrical stimulation in spinal cord injury rehabilitation: A review of the literature. Neurorehabilitation 1991;1:46-57.
11. Sipski ML, Alexander CJ. Female sexuality after spinal cord injury. SCI Psychosocial Process - special edition 1991;4:49-52.
10. Sipski ML, Alexander CJ. Infertility following spinal cord injury: Current methods of treatment. SCI Psychosocial Process - special edition 1991;4:45-48.
9.Sipski ML. The impact of spinal cord injury on female sexuality, menstruation and pregnancy: A review of the literature. Journal of American Paraplegia Society 1991;14:122-125.
8.Alexander CJ, Sipski ML. Electrical stimulation bicycle ergometry with spinal cord injured patients: Potential medical and psychological benefits. SCI Psychosocial Process 1990;3:18-20.
7.Sipski ML, DeLisa JA, Schweer S. Functional electrical stimulation bicycle ergometry: Patient perceptions. American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 1989;68:147-149.
6. Sipski ML, Delisa JA, Schweer S. Functional electrical stimulation bicycle ergometry; patient perceptions. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 1989 Jun;68(3):147-9.
5. Chan CK, Mohsenin V, Loke J, Virgulto J, Sipski ML, Ferranti R. Diaphragmataic dysfunction in siblings with hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy (Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease). Chest. 1987 Apr;91(4):567-70.
4. Johnson EW, Sipski ML, Lammertse T. Median and radial sensory latencies to digit 1: normal values and usefulness in carpal tunnel syndrome. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1987 Mar;68(3):140-1. Erratum in: Arch Phys Med Rehabil 1987 Jun;68(6):388.
3. Ditunno JF, Sipski ML, Posuniak EA, Chen YT, Staas WE, Herbison GJ. Wrist extensor recovery in traumatic quadriplegia. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 1987;68:287-290.
2. Sipski ML, Wagner TE. The total structure and organization of chromosomal fibers in eutherian sperm nuclei. Biol Reprod. 1977 May;16(4):428-40. No abstract available.
1. Sipski ML, Wagner TE. Probing DNA quaternary ordering with circular dichroism spectroscopy: studies of equine sperm chromosomal fibers. Biopolymers. 1977 Mar; 16(3):573-82. No abstract available.
Sexuality Reborn: A 48-minute video about the impact of spinal cord injury on sexuality, produced and narrated with Craig Alexander, Ph.D., 1992.
Sexuality and SCI: A 18-minute video about the impact of spinal cord injury on female sexual function, copyright University of Miami, 2001.
FUNDED RESEARCH PARTICIPATED:
Jackson A, Sipski ML, Richards S.
Alabama Model Spinal Cord Injury SystemNational Institute for Disability and Rehabilitation Research 2006-2008 Chen YuYing, PI Sipski, ML-Medical Director National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical CenterNational Institute for Disability and Rehabilitation Research 2006-2008 Development of Spinal fMRI to assess neurogenic pain and sexual sensations after Spinal Cord Injury.
Sipski ML, PI; Marson L. Effects of SCI on Female Sexual Response National Center for Medical Rehabilitation Research-NIH Sipski ML, Qian Tai, Estores, I. A Multiple Dose, Double-Blinded, Placebo-Controlled Safety, Tolerability and Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic Study of HP184 in Chronic SCI. Aventis Pharmaceuticals Sipski ML, PIA Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, 12-week Parallel Group Study to Evaluate Safety and Efficacy of Oral Fampridine-SR in Subjects with Moderate to Severe Spasticity Resulting from Chronic, Incomplete SCI Sipski ML, PI; VA Rehab Research and Development Center of Excellence on Functional Recovery in Chronic SCI $4,050,000 Pfizer Incorporated $20,000PI A Multi-center, phase III, double-blind placebo-controlled flexible dose study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of viagra in women who have female sexual dysfunction resulting from a traumatic spinal cord injury. Sipski, ML: PI, Alexander CJ, Green B, Coinvestigators 2000-2005National Institute of Disability and Rehabilitation Research Double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel group study to evaluate safety, tolerability and activity of oral fampridine SR in subjects with chronic, incomplete spinal cord injury and to evaluate a new patient-diary questionnaire.
Physiologic Effects of Spinal Cord Injury on Female Sexual Response ACORDA Pharamaceuticals $50,000Clinical Trial of 4 AP for improving function post-SCI HD133N50013 CoPIs Delisa, JD; Sipski, ML; Alexander CJ 1995-2000National Institute of Disability and Rehabilitation Research Physiologic Effects of SCI on Female Sexual Response The Effect of Spinal Cord Injury on Sexual Response Alexander, CJ; Sipski, ML; Eyles M (project co-director) Sexuality Reborn: A Video about Sexuality and Spinal Cord Injury H133N50013 Delisa, JD, PI; Sipski, ML (project co-director) 1990-1995National Institute of Disability and Rehabilitation Research $1,750,000Northern New Jersey SCI System Henry H. Kessler Foundation $7,020The Effects of Early Electrical Stimulation on SCI Patients Therapeutic Technologies, Inc $50,000Early use of FES to prevent osteoporosis following SCI University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Early use of FES to prevent osteoporosis following SCI University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey $1,000Sexuality in Spinal Cord Injury Delisa, JD, PI; Sipski, ML (project co-director) A Randomized Study to evaluate the efficacy of Ofloxacin EDITORIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
JOURNALS:Editorial Board: Spinal Cord 2006-present Guest Editor: Topics in SCI Rehabilitation Volume 11 Number 3, 2006 Clinical Trials and SCI Guest Editor: Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development, Volume 40, Number 4, 2003. Translational Research and SCI: Avoiding potential pitfalls. Associate Editor: Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development 2002-2007 Guest editor: Topics in SCI Rehabilitation, Volume 8, Number 2, 2002. Sexuality and SCIGuest editor: Neurorehabilitation Volume 15, Number 2, 2000. Sexuality in Neurologic Disability. Guest editor: Topics in SCI Rehabilitation Volume 7, Number 1, 2001. Women and SCI. Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy Editorial Board 1997-present Peer Reviewer: Journal of Sex Research, 1999 Peer Reviewer: Spinal Cord, 1999-2005 Peer Reviewer: Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehab Peer Reviewer:Journal of the American Paraplegia Society PROFESSIONAL AND HONORARY ORGANIZATIONS
National Advisory Board on Medical Rehabilitation ResearchNational Institute of Health National Institute of Child Health and Human Development 2004-2008 Vice President for North AmericaInternational Spinal Cord Society2006-present PresidentAmerican Spinal Injury Association2005-2007 American Spinal Injury Association2003-2005 American Spinal Injury Association2001-2003 Board of DirectorsAmerican Spinal Injury Association1995-2008 American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation AWARDS AND HONORS:
B.S.-M.D. Program, Pennsylvania State University/Jefferson Medical College Honored in The Best Doctors in America, 1994-1995, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Association of Academic Physiatrists Excellence in Research Writing Award, 1994, for Campagnolo DI, Keller SE, DeLisa JA, Glick TJ, Sipski ML, Schleifer SJ. Alteration of immune system function in tetraplegics. American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 1994;73:387-393.
Honored in Who’s Who in Medicine and Health Care, first edition.
American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine Elizabeth and Sidney Licht Award, for the most outstanding article published in Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation in 1995.
Sell Award for Most Outstanding Paper published by an American Spinal Injury Association Member, 2002.
American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Education and Research Foundation award for Best Paper Published by an Established Physiatrist in any journal-2002 Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine class 2003-2004.
Best Basic Science Poster Award, International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health, 2004Marson L., Cai R.S. and Sipski M.L. Output pathways regulating female genital responses. Atlanta GA.
Lars Sullivan Memorial Lecturer International Spinal Cord Society, Rejkjavik, Iceland June 30, 2007 The Epidemiology of Sexual Dysfunction in Multiple Sclerosis in the United States Labe Scheinberg Presentation, (June 1, 2007) Consortium of Frederick W. Foley PhD, Vance Zemon PhD, Denise Campagnolo MD, Ruth Ann Marrie MD, MS, Gary Cutter PhD, Tuula Tyry PhD, Megan Devitt, Rebecca Miller BA, Marca L Sipski, MD, Timothy Vollmer MD SELECTED PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS (2003-2010):
The Importance of Passion: Course Introduction and Overview, International Spinal Cord Society, Annual Meeting, New Delhi, India, October 30, 2010.
Balancing Life and Work: The Ultimate Challenge, International Spinal Cord Society, Annual Meeting, New Delhi, India, October 30, 2010.
Key note speaker: Austrailia New Zealand Spinal Cord Society Meeting Adelaide, Australia September 2010 Autonomic Standards Key note speaker: Australia New Zealand Spinal Cord Society Meeting Adelaide, Australia September 2010 Sexuality and Spinal Cord Injury Key note speaker: Swiss German Paraplegia Society Annual Meeting Nottwill Switzerland June 2010 Balance in Spinal Cord Injury Medicine: American Spinal Injury Association Annual Meeting Nashville, Tennessee May 2010 Sexual Functioning with Neurogenic Bladder Dysfunction International Spinal Cord Society Annual Meeting Florence, Italy October 2009 Chronic Pain, Disability and Sexual Function New York Claims Association New York, New York 2/2009 Autonomic Standards and Spinal Cord Injury at 2008 International Spinal Cord Society Meeting August
30, 2008 Durban, South Africa
Sexual Function Data Sets at International SCI Symposium October 25, 2008 Humlebaek, Denmark
Session Chair and Speaker: SCI Outcome Tools at Spinal Cord Outcomes Partnership Endeavor Workshop
“Functional Recovery after SCI: Implications of Different Spinal Injury Patterns and Distinct Therapeutic
Targets on Clinical Trial Outcomes: November 14, 2008 Arlington, Virginia
Techniques to measure sexual function at State of the Art in Spinal Cord Injury measurement, outcomes and research Precourse at 2007 ASIA meeting May 30, 2007 Tampa, FloridaAutonomic Standards at State of the Art in Spinal Cord Injury measurement, outcomes and research Precourse at 2007 ASIA meeting May 30, 2007 Tampa, FloridaSexual Dysfunction in Women with Spinal Cord Injury at Precourse to International Spinal Cord Society meeting entitled Cross Disciplinary Treatment Focus: Means to Improve Patient Quality of Life Rejkjavik, Iceland June 27th, 2007. Lars Sullivan Memorial Lecturer: International and Norwegian Spinal Cord Society Joint Meeting Rejkjavik, Iceland June 30, 2007Key Note Presentation: Society for Sex Therapy and Research Annual Meeting Atlanta Georgia March 9, 2007 Sexual Dysfunction And Spinal Cord Disorders 2006: Key Note Presentation: Sexuality in Pediatric, Adolescent and Adult SCI at the Howard Steel Pediatric SCI Conference Orlando, Florida December 2006Presentation: Human Subjects at the Annual Meeting of the Association of Academic Physiatrists Daytona Beach, Florida March 2006 Key note presentation: Use of evidence guidelines to assess the state of the Science in SCI at American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine annual meeting Chicago, IllinoisGrand rounds: Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Michigan School of Medicine. Ann Arbor, MichiganInvited speaker: Sexuality and Disability, College of Allied Health Professions, Medical University of South CarolinaTreatment of Sexual Dysfunction in Women with SCIs at American Spinal Injury Association Annual Meeting Dallas, TexasSexual Response in Men and Women with SCI at American Spinal Injury Association Annual Meeting Dallas, Texas Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation: State of the Science at Annual Meeting of American Kinesiotherapy Association Miami, FloridaFunctional Recovery in SCI: Invited speaker at State of the Science Workshop: Research to Clinical Practice for SCI at Walter Reed Army Hospital, Washington, DC. Invited Professor. Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Mayo School of Medicine Rochester, Minnesota. Sexuality and Spinal Cord Injury 2004*Invited Speaker: Sexual Effects of Spinal Cord Dysfunction: An Update. At the International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health, Atlanta Georgia Invited Speaker Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine Ft. Lauderdale, Florida *Invited Speaker: Lessons Learned from the study of Orgasm in Women with Spinal Cord Injury International Academy of Sex Research, Twenty-Ninth Annual Meeting*Disabilities, Psychophysiology, and Sexual Functioning: Invited Speakers at Kinsey Institute Conference, Methodological Approaches In Reproductive Psychophysiology*Research Funding Opportunities in SCI: VA Special Fellowship National Lecture Series *Course Chairman : Translational Research and Spinal Cord Injury: Avoiding Potential Pitfalls: Precourse to American Spinal Injury Association Annual Meeting. Miami, Florida*Translational Research: Issues associated with moving from the laboratory to humans lecture at Translational Research and Spinal Cord Injury: Avoiding Potential Pitfalls. Miami, Florida*Reproductive Issues for Women with Spina Bifida: Invited Speaker at Spina Bifida Consensus Conference Washington, DC*The Effects of SCI on Female Sexual Response: An update on research for Miami Project to Cure Paralysis weekly rounds*SCI: Determination of level of injury and functional potential for SCI Residency Lecture Series*SCI: Effects of SCI on Aging for SCI Residency Lecture Series*SCI: Effects of SCI on Sexual Function for SCI Residency Lecture Series
În sãlile de forþã ºi bãrbaþii suferã la frumuseþe Suplimenþi nutritivi n-august, dar fac muºchi Dacã trãim la oraº, o testosteronului, ceea ce are ca efect ºi viaþã comodã dominatã de tehnologie nu trebuie neapãrat sã avem ºi o în douã etape: în primele 7 zile e o fazã formã fizicã inferioarã oase) ºi magneziu (care ajutã muºchiultrebuie ada