Clarification of hypertension – Diagnosis of primary hyperaldosteronism Marc Beineke The significance of the aldosterone/renin ratio (ARR) in the diagnosis of normo- alaemic and hypokalaemic primary hyper- aldosteronism, the most common causes of secondary hypertension Epidemiology of primary On the basis of the new data, which were ob- hyperaldosteronism tained
Steg.teicrete.grDr Michael Fountoulakis, Chemical Engineer
Affiliation and official address
Technical Educational Institute of Crete Stavromenos , GR-710 04, Iraklio, Crete, Greece Telephone/Fax : +30 2810 379482
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Date and place of birth: 12 January 1978, Iraklio, Crete (GREECE)
Diploma in Chemical Engineering. Dept. of Chemical Engineering, University of Patras - M.Eng. : Dept. of Chemical Engineering, University of Patras - Greece (2001-2005). Ph.D.: Dept. of Chemical Engineering, University of Patras - Greece (2001-2005). PostDoc: School of Agricultural Technology,T.E.I. Crete - Greece (2006-2007). Fields of Specialisation
(i) main field
- Development of environmental biotechnological methods for the treatment of municipal and industrial wastewaters (removal of nutrients, xenobiotics, etc) - Anaerobic digestion process (treatment of organic wastes, methane production,
(ii) other fields
- Solid waste management (Life Cycle Analysis for MSW, selection of optimum scenarios for MSW management, composting technologies) - Environmental management of natural ecosystems Current research activities
1. Project Title : “ Developing a HYBRID Constructed Wetland for Treating and Reusing
Municipal Wastewater of Small and Very Small Communities” Funded by : GSRT in Cooperation with Prisma Domi SA 2. Project Title : “ Developing Novel BIOFILTERS for Odour Control”
Funded by : GSRT in Cooperation with Environmental Engineering SA, Alteren SA and 3. Project Title : “Developing an Evaluation Model for Extensive Wastewater Reuse
Distribution Systems Effect, in Soil, Plants and Effluent Quality ” Funded by : GSRT in cooperation with the Technical University of Crete
Publications in international referred journals
1. Fountoulakis M., Dokianakis S., Kornaros M., Aggelis, G.G., Lyberatos G. (2002) Removal of phenolics in olive mill wastewaters using the white-rot fungus Pleurotus ostreatus. Water Research. 36, 4735-4744.
2. Stamatelatou K., Frouda C.,. Fountoulakis M.S, Drillia P., Kornaros M. and Lyberatos G., (2003), “Pharmaceuticals and health care products in wastewater effluents: the example of carbamazepine”, Water Supply, 3 (4),
3. Fountoulakis M., Drillia P., Stamatelatou K, Lyberatos G, Toxic Effect of pharmaceuticals on methanogenesis. (2004) Water Science and Technology. 50(5), 335-340.
4. Fountoulakis M., Drillia P., Pakou C., Kampioti A., Stamatelatou K. and Lyberatos G. (2005). Analysis of Nonylphenol and Nonylphenol Ethoxylates in sewage sludge by HPLC following Microwave-Assisted Extraction. Journal of Chromatography A, 1089(1), 45-51.
5. Fountoulakis, M., Stamatelatou, K. and Lyberatos, G. (2005) “Simulation of DEHP biodegradation and sorption during the anaerobic digestion of secondary sludge”. Water Science and Technology 54(4), 119-128.
6. Drillia P, S.N. Dokianakis, M.S. Fountoulakis, M. Kornaros, K. Stamatelatou and G.Lyberatos. (2005) Biodegradation of the antibiotic Sulfamethoxazole in the activated sludge process. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 122(3), 259-
7. Pakou C., Fountoulakis M., Drillia P., Kampioti A., Stamatelatou K. and Lyberatos G. (2007). Occurrence and fate of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in sewage treatment plants using microwave-assisted extraction followed by liquid chromatography coupled with fluorescence detector. Fresenius Environmental Bulletin, 16(2), 1-6.
8. Dokianakis S., Fountoulakis M., Kornaros M., Lyberatos G. (2007). Biological wastewater treatment for ships equipped with vacuum sewage systems. Fresenius Environmental Bulletin. 16(12),
9. Fountoulakis M., Drakopoulou S., Terzakis S., Georgaki I. and T. Manios. (2008). Potential for methane production from typical Mediterranean agro- industrial wastes. Biomass & Bioenergy. 32, 155-161.
10. Fountoulakis M., Stamatelatou K., and G. Lyberatos. (2008). Τhe effect of pharmaceuticals on the kinetics of methanogenesis and acetogenesis. Bioresource Technology. 99, 7083-7090.
11. Terzakis S., Fountoulakis M., Georgaki I., Albantakis D., Sabathianakis I., Karathanasis A. and T. Manios. (2008). Constructed wetlands treating highway runoff in the central Mediterranean region. Chemosphere. 72, 141-
12. Fountoulakis M., Terzakis S., Georgaki I, Drakopoulou S., Sabathianakis I., Kouzoulakis M. and T. Manios. (2008). Oil refinery sludge and green waste simulated windrow composting. Biodegradation. 20 (2) 177-189. 13. Kyriacou, A., Drakopoulou, S., Georgaki, I., Fountoulakis, M., Mitsou, E., Lasaridi, K.E., Manios, Y., Manios, T. (2009). Screening for faecal contamination in primary schools in Crete, Greece. Child: Care, Health 14. Drakopoulou, S., Terzakis, S., Fountoulakis, M., Mantzavinos, D., Manios, T. (2009). Ultrasound-induced inactivation of gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria in secondary treated municipal wastewater. Ultrason. Sonochem. 16 15. Manios, T., Fountoulakis, M., Karathanassis A.D. (2009) Construction simplicity and cost as selection criteria between two types of constructed wetlands treating highway runoff. Environ. Manag. 43, 908-920. 16. Fountoulakis, M.S, Terzakis, S., Chatzinotas, A., Brix, H., Kalogerakis, N., Manios, T. (2009) Pilot scale comparison of constructed wetlands operated under high hydraulic loading rates and attached biofilm reactors for domestic wastewater treatment. Sci. Total. Environ. 407 (8), 2996-3003 17. (2009) Enhanced methane and hydrogen production from municipal solid waste and agro-industrial by-products co- digested with crude glycerol. Bioresource Technology. 100 (12), 3043-3047. 18. Fountoulakis, M.S, Terzakis, S., Kalogerakis, N., Manios, T. (2009) Removal of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and linear alkylbenzene sulfonates from domestic wastewater in pilot constructed wetlands and a gravel filter. Ecol. 19. Fountoulakis, M.S. Makridis, L., Pirounaki, E.K., Chroni, C. Kyriacou, A., Lasaridi, K., Manios, T. (2010) Fate and effect of Linuton and Metribuzin on the co-composting process of green waste and sewage sludge. Waste Manag. 20. I. Petousi(2010) Co-digestion of sewage sludge with glycerol to boost biogas production. Waste Manag. In Press.
Publications in international refereed conferences
1. Lyberatos, G., Dokianakis, S., Fountoulakis, M., Kornaros M., Karantzis K. and E. Polychronopoulou. (2001) “Biological Treatment of sewage from ships using SBR technology”, Oral presentation at the Proc. International Conference. “ Shipping : Technology and Environment ”, Piraeus. 2. Fountoulakis M., Stamatelatou K. and G. Lyberatos, (2002) “Impact of Pharmaceuticals on the Anaerobic Digestion Process”, Poster to the SETAC Europe 12th Annual Meeting, Vienna, Austria, May 12-16. 3. Stamatelatou K., Frouda C., Fountoulakis M.S., Drillia P., Kornaros M. and Lyberatos G. (2002) “Pharmaceuticals and health care products in wastewater effluents: the example of carbamazepine” προφορική παρουσίαση ως ‘keynote presentation’ Iraklio, Crete, October 10-13. 4. Lyberatos G., Stamatelatou K., Kornaros M., Drillia P., Dokianakis S., Frouda C. and Fountoulakis M.S. (2003) ‘‘Impact and Fate of the antibiotic sulfamethoxazole in wastewater treatment and disposal’’. Oral presentation to the 3rd chemical engineering conference for collaborative research in Eastern Mediterranean, May13-15, Thessaloniki, Greece. 5. Fountoulakis M., Stamatelatou K. and G.Lyberatos. (2003) “Impact and Biodegradability of Pharmaceuticals on the Anaerobic Digestion Process”, Oral presentation to SETAC Europe 13th Annual Meeting, Hamburg, 6. Stamatelatou K., S.N. Dokianakis, M. Fountoulakis, C. Frouda, M.E. Kornaros and G. Lyberatos. (2003) «The effect of a common antibacterial pharmaceutical (triclosan) on biological wastewater treatment processes», 8th Conference on Environmental Science αnd Technology, Lemnos – Greece, 8- 7. Stamatelatou K., S.N. Dokianakis, M. Fountoulakis, K. Frounda, M.E. Kornaros and G. Lyberatos. (2003) “On the effect of pharmaceuticals on biological processes”, ENVIRPHARMA ,European conference on human and veterinary pharmaceuticals in the Environment in Lyon, France, 14-16 April. 8. Fountoulakis M., Stamatelatou K., Gavala H.N., Skiadas I.V., Kampioti A. and Lyberatos G. (2004) ‘‘Anaerobic digestion of secondary sludge: effect of pre-treatment and post-treatment with the presence of xenobiotics’’ Oral presentation at the 10th World Congress on Anaerobic Digestion. Montreal, 9. Pakou C., Fountoulakis M., Drillia P., Kampioti A., Stamatelatou K. and Lyberatos G. (2005) ‘‘Microwave-Assisted Extraction- HPLC- FD for the Assessment of the Occurrence and the Fate of the Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in Sewage’’ Poster presentation at the WasteEng Conference. 10. Fountoulakis M., Stamatelatou K., Batstone D.J. and Lyberatos G. (2005) ‘‘Modelling of anaerobic digestion kinetics of secondary sludge contamined with xenobiotic compounds’’ Oral presentation at the WasteEng Conference. 11. Fountoulakis M., Stamatelatou K., Batstone D.J. and Lyberatos G. (2005) ‘‘Modelling of anaerobic digesters treating primary and mixed primary and secondary sludge contamined with xenobiotic compounds’’ 4th International. Oral presentation at the Symposium on Anaerobic Digestion of Solid Wastes (ADSW), Copenhagen, Denmark. 31 August- 2 September. 12. Fountoulakis M., Stamatelatou K. and Lyberatos G. (2005) ‘‘Simulation of DEHP biodegradation and sorption during the anaerobic digestion of secondary sludge’’. Oral presentation at the 1st International Workshop on the Anaerobic Digestion Model 1 (ADM1). Lyngby, Denmark, 4-6 September. 13. Fountoulakis M., Drillia P., Pakou C., Kampioti A., Stamatelatou K. and Lyberatos G. (2005) ‘‘Fate of nonylphenol and nonylphenol ethoxylates in sewage treatment plants’’. Oral presentation at the 9th Conference on Environmental Science and Technology, Rhodes – Greece, 1-3 September. 14. Lyberatos G., Stamatelatou K., Fountoulakis M., Pakou C. and Kornaros M. (2006) ‘‘On the Fate of Xenobiotic Compounds during Alternative Methods of Municipal Sludge Treatment’’ AICHE Annual Meeting, San Francisco, 12-17 15. K. Lasaridi, P. Siamandoura, Th. Manios, M. Fountoulakis, E.I. Stediford, A,
Kyriacou. (2007) “Biofiltration of odorous Compounds and Other Air Pollutants: Design Parameters and Efficiency Aspects” CEMEPE Conference 16. S., Terzakis, M., Fountoulakis, R., Drakopoulou, A., Chatzinotas, N.,
Kalogerakis, T., Manios. (2007) “Performance of different wastewater treatment processes and pollutants removal at different loadings of primary treated municipal wastewater”. RAISEBIO, UFZ, Summer school. 23-27 17. M.S. Fountoulakis, S. Terzakis, S.Drakopoulou, H, Brix, N. Kalogerakis, T. Manios. (2008) Pilot scale constructed wetlands and attached biofilm reactors treating domestic wastewater in central Mediterranean region. Small and Decentralized Water and Wastewater Treatment Units. 2nd conference. 2-4 18. S. Terzakis, M.S. Fountoulakis, I. Georgaki, D. Albantakis, I. Sabathianakis, A.D. Karathanasis, N. Kalogerakis, T. Manios. (2008) Removal of heavy metals and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons from runoff in pilot constructed wetlands. Small and Decentralized Water and Wastewater Treatment Units. 2nd conference. 2-4 May, Skiathos, Greece. 19. M. Fountoulakis, M. Sfendouraki, S. Terzakis and T. Manios (2009) Enhanced biogas production of primary sludge co-digested with crude glycerol. CEMEPE Conference 21-26 June. Mykonos Island. Greece. 20. K. Lasaridi, G. Katsabanis, Th. Maggos, Th. Manios, M. Fountoulakis, N. Kalogerakis, E.I. Stentiford and A. Kyriacou. (2009) Mapping odour nuisance from environmental and industrial installations in Greece. CEMEPE Conference 21-26 June. Mykonos Island. Greece. 21. L. Makridis, E.K. Pirounaki, M. Fountoulakis, C. Chroni, K. Lazaridi and T. Manios (2009) Fate and effect of herbicides on co-composting process of green waste and sewage sludge. CEMEPE Conference 21-26 June. Mykonos 22. Terzakis S., Papageorgiou N., Fountoulakis M.,Kalogerakis N., Chatzinotas A.
and Manios T. (2009) Nitrifying & denitrifying bacterial communities responses under different applied hydraulic loading rates in constructed wetlands & attached biofilm reactors. 11th Conference of Environmental Science & Technology, 3-5 September, Chania, Greece.
24/7 Care Delivery Models Research Project UHC / RAND Collaboration Joanne Cuny RN, BSN, MBA Quality & Risk Councils Meeting Director of Quality February 19 – 20, 2009 © 2009 University HealthSystem Consortium UHC/RAND Received AHRQ ACTION Grant to Examine 24x7 Care Delivery Models AHRQ “Accelerating Change and Transformation in Organizations and Networks