Short CV. Claus Cornett… Claus Cornett, Ph.D., Lektor/associate Professor
Master of Science/Cand. Scient, chemistry line, University of Copenhagen, August 1985.
Adjunkt/Assistant professor, Danish University of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of
Lektor/Associate professor, Danish University of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of
Medicinal Chemistry, 1992. Transferred to Department of Analytical Chemistry 1993, Now
department of Pharmaceutics and Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences,
Research Interests. NMR spectroscopy: Structure elucidation and determination of physical chemical parameters
for small molecules in general. Structure elucidation of drug metabolites. Use of other methods
for structure elucidation of drug molecules. Applications of chemometrics in analytical chemistry. Metabonomics studies of diseases with the object of diagnostics, treatment and
drug metabolism and other toxicological studies. Hyphenation of NMR and HPLC and Capillary
Electrophoresis and Mass Spectrometry. Flow Injection NMR. Optimization of the strategy of
the acquisition of hyphenated NMR-data. Improvement of the data processing of NMR time
series data. Development of analytical methods based on NMR and other spectroscopic
methods – e.g. NIR and Fluorescence – and multivariate data analysis (MVA). Metabonomics.
Application of spectroscopic methods to the understanding of formulation processes
(technological pharmacy) (NMR, NIR, MIR, Raman, imaging etc.)
Main advisor for 4 (no. 5 from 1/9-2009), co-advisor for 7, internal censor (chair) for 9. See
http://www.corn12.dk/PhDstudents.html for details.
I am or have been used as a reviewer by the following international journals: Analytical
Chemistry, Planta Medica, Journal of Chemometrics, Talanta, European Journal of
Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bioanalysis, European Journal of Plant Biology.
Publications. >70 in international peer reviewed journals. Last 5 years (2006-2010 incl.): 53. Hansen S. H., Andersen M. L., Birkedal H., Cornett C., Wibrand F. The important role of taurine in oxidative metabolism. Taurine 6 Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology. 583, 2006,129-135.
54. Lykkeberg, A. K., Cornett, C, Halling-Sørnesen, B. Honoré Hansen, S. Isolation and structural elucidation of tiamulin metabolites formed in liver microsomes of pigs. Jornal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, 42, 2006, 223-231.
55. Lauridsen M., Jaroszewski, J., Honoré Hansen, S. Cornett, C. Human Urine as Test Material in 1H NMR-based Metabonomics. Analytical Chemistry, 79, 2007, 1181-1186. DOI:
56. Kristensen M., Krogholm K.S., Frederiksen H., Duus F., Cornett C., Bügel S.H., and Rasmussen S.E. Improved synthesis methods of standards used for quantitative determination of total isothiocyanates from broccoli in human urine. J. Chromatography B.852, 2007, 229-234. DOI
57. Allesø M., van den Berg F., Cornett C., Jørgensen F.S., Halling-Sørensen B., Lopez de Diego H., Hovgaard L., Aaltonen J., Rantanen J. Solvent Diversity in Polymorph Screening. J. Pharm.Sci. 97, 2007, 2145-2159. DOI:
Short CV. Claus Cornett… 58. Allesø M., Rantanen, J., Aaltonen, J., Cornett, C., vand den Berg, F. Solvent subset selection for polymorph screening. J. Chemometrics. 22, 2008, 621-631. DOI:Erratum DOI:
59. Lauridsen M., Maher A., Keun H., Lindon J.C., Nicholson, J. K., Nyber, N.T., Honoré Hansen S., Cornett C., Jaroszewski J.W. Application of the FLIPSY Pulse Sequence for Increased Sensitivity in 1H NMR-based Metabolic Profiling Studies. Analytical Chemistry. 80, 2008, 3365 -3371, DOI:
60. Bjarnholt N., Fred Rook F., Motawia M.S., Claus Cornett C., Charlotte Jørgensen C., Carl Erik Olsen C.E., Jaroszewski J.W., Bak S., and Lindberg Møller, B. Diversification of an ancient theme: Hydroxynitrile glucosides. Phytochemistry, 69, 2008, 1507-1516.
61. Gabel-Jensen C., Lunøe K., Grimstrup Madsen K., Bendix J., Cornett C., Stürup S., Rüsz Hansen H., and Gammelgaard B. Separation and identification of the selenium-sulfur amino acid S-(methylseleno)cysteine in intestinal epithelial cell homogenates by LC-ICP-MS and LC-ESI-MS after incubation with methylseleninic acid J. Anal. At. Spectrom , 23, 2008, 727-732. DOI:
62. Petkovska, R., Cornett C., and Dimitrovska, A. Experimental design approach for the development and validation of an enantiospecifik RP-HPLC method for simultaneous determination of clopidogrel and related compounds. Macedonian J. of Chemistry and Chemical EngineeringDOI: (UDC: 543.544.5 : 615.22 )
63. Petkovska, R., Cornett C., and Dimitrovska, A. Chemometrical approach in lansoprazole and its related compounds analysis by rapid resolution RP-HPLC method. Journal of Liquid Chromatography & Related Technologies, 31, 2008, 2159-2173 . DOI:
64. Petkovska, R., Cornett C., and Dimitrovska, A. Development and validation of rapid resolution RP-HPLC method for simultaneous determination of atorvastatin and related compounds by use of chemometrics. Analytical Letters, 41, 2008, 992-1009 . DOI
65. Foderà̀, V., Groenning, M., Vetri, V., Librizzi, F., Spagnolo, S., Cornett, C., Olsen, L., van de Weert, M., and Leone, M. Thioflavin T Hydroxylation at Basic pH and Its Effect on Amyloid Fibril Detection. J. Phys. Chem. B, 112, 2008, 15174-15181. DOI:.
66. Larsen, J., Cornett, C., Jaroszewski, J.W., Hansen, S. H. Reaction between drug substances and pharmaceutical excipients: Formation of citric acid esters and amides of carvedilol in the solid state. Journal of Phamaceutical and Biomedical Analysis.49, 2009, 11-17, DOI:
67. Madsen, K. G., Skonberg, C., Jurva, U., Cornett, C., Hansen, S. H., Johansen, T. N., Olsen, J. Bioactivation of diclofenac in vitro and in vivo: correlation to electrochemical studies. Chemical Research in Toxicology. 21, 2008, 1107-1119 DOI:
68. Allesø, M., Velaga, S., Alhalaweh, A., Cornett, C., Rasmussen, M. A., van den Berg, F., Lopez de Diego, H., and Rantanen, Near-infrared spectroscopy for cocrystal screening. A comparative study with Raman spectroscopy. J. Analytical Chemistry. 80, 2008, 7755-7764. DOI:
69. Møller, C., Hansen, S. H., and Cornett, C. Characterization of Tannin-Containing Herbal Drugs by HPLC. Phytochemical Analysis, 20, 2009, 231-239. 70. Allesø, M., Tian, F. ,Cornett, C., Rantanen, J. Towards Effective Solid Form Screening. J. Pharmaceutical Sciences., 00, 2009,xxx-xxx. 71. Jamali, B., Bjørnsdottir, I., Cornett, C., Hansen, S. H. Investigation of a dual CD chiral CE system for separation of glitazobne compounds. Electrophoresis, 30, 2009, 2853-2861. 72. Allesø, M., Rantanen, J. , Aaltonen, J., Cornett, C. , van den Berg, F. Solvent Subset selection for polymorph screening. J. Chemometrics. 22, 2009, 621-63 73. Larsen J., Stærk, D. , Cornett, C.,, Hansen, S.H., Jaroszewski, J.W. Identification of reaction products between drug substances and excipients by HPLC-SPE-NMR: Ester and amide formation between citric acid and 5-aminosalicylic acid . J. Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 49, 2009, 839-842. 74. Bredsdorff L. Nielsen I.L.F., Rasmussen S.E., Cornett C., Barron, D., Bouisset F., Offord E., and Williamson G. Absorption, conjugation and excretion of the flavanones, naringenin and hesperetin from α-rhamnosidase-treated orange juice in human subjects. British J. of Nutrition. XX, 2010, yyy-zzz. 75. Yu, H., Cornett, C., Larsen, J., Hansen, S. H., Hansen. Reaction between drug substances and pharmaceutical excipients: Formation of esters between cetirizine and polyols. J of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, 53, 2010, 745-750.
Keywords: subject matter jurisdiction; covenant not to sue; generic drugs; ANDA General: The Federal Circuit finds declaratory judgment jurisdiction despite covenant not to sue. Caraco Pharmaceutical Labs. Ltd. v. Forest Labs. Inc. Forest Labs Inc. (“Forest”) owns two patents related to Lexapro, an antidepressant. These patents, U.S. Patent Nos. RE34,712 (“the 712 patent
Sectoral networks To improve for students the step from school to the labor market, we have chosen to set up a network of cooperation with certain industries. The sectoral networks bring actors from the educational field and the labor market together, to improve the transition from education to employment in certain industries. Based on a solid analysis we set up incentive